Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721
Why go through all this hassle when you can just call Mikita Sports and work out a deal with Bob Mikita personally. Look on Ebay from Mikita Sports, it is reasonable on there too.

thanks for pointing that out. i never thought about that. i just emailed mikita and asked about trying to get my braun rookie bat signed. i dont want that personalized and sure dont want to wait 8 hours to get him to sign it a way i dont want. thanks

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers' website now says that Ryan Braun will personalize all photo cards and WILL NOT autograph memorabilia.

I just saw this too..WOW!!

I just think it is kind of crazy that you have a Hall of Famer and future Hall of Famer in Yount and Hoffman who will sign whatever, yet Braun puts restrictions on what he signs.

what's wierd about that bobbledude is most of my good signed stuff of braun wasn't signed at things like the on deck, or autograph fridays, etc...

It seems really wierd to me that he won't personalize anything but a jersey when I've gotten him before (like in different cities), but at Brewers functions, he personalizes everything. Especially something like this where people are paying to get him. When I got him once, I know for sure the 5-6 people right next to me were Chicago's dealers, and he signed all of our stuff with no personalization. I know that this comes from Mikita, and I don't think he truly understands that people that are going to the On Deck are not going to make money. Those people are the ones that will get Braun for free with no personalization...I've seen it.

That's a bummer, as I was really looking forward to getting my Wild Card bottle signed. I guess I will try to get it at a Fridays, or just pay 100 bucks down the line (which I personally think is stupid, but I want that signed bad). Now I kinda wished I got an authentic Hoffman jersey to get that signed. I spose I'll just go for Yo, walk around for 4 hours and get escobar and gamel.

I'm a huge Braun fan, but this really rubs me the wrong way, I'm trying really hard to not get to worked up, but...

Shame on Mikita and Braun for doing this for Charity? It is an event for Charity, I don't think it is that hard to sign 250 personalized things for fans when all the money goes to Charity.

and why are the Brewers making people pay $40 for a 5x7 card? I can't believe they are allowing this.

When Robin Yount and Trevor Hoffman are signing for free Ryan Braun should be able to sign as well...

Braun is becoming a prima donna, no doubt about it...
This might be true, I guess I should just be glad that I've gotten him multiple times before...he was always really cocky, but cool to the fans, and cool about signing. It is low, in my opinion, to do this though when the money is for charity, Robin doesn't care.

One of the reasons Robin doesn't really do Wisconsin signings is because he doesn't want to charge his hometown fans. Obviously for charity things will be different. I guess he doesn't want to profit off of hometown fans. Class act.

I know this wouldn't happen, but I'd find it extremely funny if there was 45 minutes of Braun twiddling his thumbs because everyone thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for a signed 5x7.

I'm startin to think it might not be worth it to get up that early, and just not get anybody, just hit up all the rummage stuff and brewers wives charity sale.

This could also swing that everyone starts heavily complaining like they did for Uecker last year. (Anyone think that last spot open is for him and Mark A again?) - Anyone know if Mark signed baseballs last year? I wouldn't mind getting one of those.

bikeage - maybe we should get there early and start a protest, haha...just kidding.

The sad thing is that people like us are the only ones that see a problem with this, for people that just want to meet Braun, they won't care. And the Brewers won't either because his line will still be full.

I agree with everything you have said BHF. Take out the fact that this is for charity for a second. Of the 250 people who get is autograph, how many are actually selling it anyway?? Even if half of them do, my issue is with a multimillionaire getting upset that someone might make $25 on his autograph. Personally, I would never put in the time necessary to get Braun just to turn around and sell it anyway.

ya and it isn't even only the time involved, none of the dealers that sell autographs on a regular basis get them at things like this...they get them for free, and most of them have gotten him more than you and I ever have...But Braun and mikita don't understand that...Most players don't sign in other cities, or at parking lots, etc...but they sign at their team functions (like Mauer and Morneau). Both are almost impossible to get in person, but both sign at Twins Autograph Parties and Twinsfest, and they don't personalize, Braun is for some reason the opposite.

My plan is to get there around 7 or 8 with my fiancee, one of us will wait for Yo, the other for Yount...after that, whoever gets Yo, will wait in line for Prince, at least try, and then we both will try to get Escobar....We will see what happens...good luck to everyone

According to McCalvey's article both Fielder and Braun will be signing the photo cards- not sure if that's accurate though since the website only says that Braun will not sign outside memorabellia. I might have to email and check, I was hoping to get a sweet Fielder 11x14 signed.

The photo cards thing is pretty ridiculous. I really wouldn't mind paying $25 for a personalized 8x10, but for a personalized team issued 5x7 with his standard mug shot that isn't even worth the time and effort it would require, not even to just meet Braun. Well, at least there is always the random memorabilia to peruse.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived