Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721

It's tough to call. I'm probably going at 7. BillyHallFan said 3 or 4am. I'm not gonna go that early and stand in the cold, and I doubt the Midwest Express Center will be open until 7, maybe not until 8. I just dont see them paying staff to sit around there all night to keep the building open.

If I don't get there early enough to get Braun, it won't be the end of the world, and I'll have other opportunities for at least the next 4 or so years.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Braun, Fielder, Yount, and Hoffman, that's 1000 autograph tickets... which is quite a few people. Last year I got there just before 8, and was around 100 in Fielder's line and probably 300 in the entrance line. But after I arrived, the line grew VERY quickly! I'd guess by 8:30 there were 600+ people in line.

It's tough to call. I'm probably going at 7. BillyHallFan said 3 or 4am. I'm not gonna go that early and stand in the cold, and I doubt the Midwest Express Center will be open until 7, maybe not until 8. I just dont see them paying staff to sit around there all night to keep the building open.

If I don't get there early enough to get Braun, it won't be the end of the world, and I'll have other opportunities for at least the next 4 or so years.

I tend to get to places too early...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I tend to get to places too early...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Better too early, than too late, in my opinion.

EDIT: Quick question, I was planning on bringing a jersey for yount to sign. where would the best place be, on the number, or on the jersey itself?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Dmiles - and that's assuming they are all signing first. Easy to get in the line for a player and let people pass you until you are at the spacing for the person you want. Yount all the way or me!
I don't really understand what you're saying. It's not one long line per station, at least that's what happened last year. Like if Gallardo is signing first, and Hart is signing second... they will have both a Gallardo and Hart line. And I would put money on the group of Braun, Fielder, Yount, Hoffman signing in the first group. If not their lines would be chaos to keep, and also then nobody would want to leave the line to go get the other players.

I thought that when I got there for Uecker last year, they capped the line at the 250 and when the line got within the ropes - the second players line was started. I remember my fiance waiting for Hoffman to get done signing so she could get Hart and the line she was waiting in was right behind the line for Hoffman and was right in front of his stage. Actually by mid-day, I do remember it kind of being a cluster, with lines all over the place.

I guess all I was really saying is that I agree with you and 4 big names should spread the people out more.

See, I was in the Hart line also, and the line I was in was totally different than Hoffman. They had 1 set of the barriers that were blocked off from advancing, and that's where the Hart line started. Once Hoffman ended, they opened the barrier, so the people could go up to the stage for Hart. I noticed this at multiple stages also. Hart's line had Hoffman's line to the left, and Gallardo's line to the right. It was crazy, but people seemed to communicate well as to whose line they were in.

For those who made it last year, how do the auto tickets work? Lets say I get there early and wait in the Yount line, do they let you purchase one of the 250 tickets and then you can walk around until 12:30 or do you have to wait in the line from 10a to 12:30?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year you paid right before you walked on stage and got the autograph, they had someone at every stage with a money box - and I thought they handed out 250 vouchers.... again, this was for the 1st set of signers... I don't really remember what happened in the lines after that.

Is it just me, or are the schedules ridiculously stupid? Why in the world do you not have Braun, Fielder, Yount, and Hoffman signing right off the bat? They do realize that there are going to be 250ish people standing in those lines for up to 4 hours in Braun's case, right? It just doesn't make sense to me why they would want 4 full lines of 250 people standing there for between 2.5 and 4 hours. I'd think they'd want to get those 4 done and out of the way so people spread out, and some even head home.

i like the escobar and gamel one, gives me a chance to get their first start/first hit tickets signed...i need to call up some friends, no way am I gonna get braun, yo, yount, escobar/gamel alone, actually even with help it seems next to impossible since 3 of the 4 are all on the same stage...guh.

this new pay bump im getting still might be gone in 8 hours, heh.

Pretty much, bhf. I am considering changing my strategy. I was going to go for Braun, but I don't think that I'm going to get there at 7am to sit in line for three hours, only to then stand in the Braun line for another 4 hours until tickets are handed out as they won't be handed out until an hour before the session begins. There have to be other opportunities to get Braun. I might go for Yo and hit up some of the vender rummages.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Here is the way I see it.

I love autographs and have what I consider to be a pretty nice collection of Packer/Brewer auto's.

Keep in mind that I am 2 hours from Milwaukee as well as that plays into my opinion.

Why would I want to get there at 4/5 AM and wait in line for a LONG time just to get a Braun ticket and then wait another 4 hours to get Braun to sign something I have been holding forever. At this point, his signature has cost me at least $40 ($15 to get in, $25 for Braun) and this isnt counting on whatever the item I am getting signed cost me (16x20, MLB, jersey, bat, etc). Then he personalizes it, which I dont want.

The only way I would do this is if I had a special item (game stub, etc) or I had no money invested (such as someone giving you an authentic Braun jersey for Christmas, etc).

Why go through all this hassle when you can just call Mikita Sports and work out a deal with Bob Mikita personally. Look on Ebay from Mikita Sports, it is reasonable on there too.

So the way I look at, I have to drive to Milwaukee, get up crazy early, wait in line forever and it is going to cost me slightly less that what I can comfortably order from my own home.

because some people like getting autographs in person, others don't care...I personally don't care about the personalizations, big deal, you can take it off just about anything anyway.
I can see that. That way you "know it's real".

I am comfortable on ebay and calling places myself to get a deal. My time is valuable to me.

I could see myself do it with a friend though, because if nothing else, it would be nice to get a little taste of baseball/summer in January.

Archived