Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721
3 Weeks away, any guesses to the people that will be signing, and if it will still be $25 for marquee, and $10 for some others....I may pass up on Braunie, being that I have his stuff, you have to get it personalized. I'm lookin forward to Escobar hopefully being there, and adding another Prince to my collection. I also like the grab bags, which will be full of Hardy and Suppan bobbles, plus the free minor league autos...Can't wait!!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i went last year and you figure out what area has the big name players and get in line. The problem is that prince or braun will sign so many autographs and they switch them out so in theory you may want prince's autograph but could get someone else. I got there 2 hours early last year and was still way in the back of the line. The nice thing is that you are allowed to wait inside for the doors to open.

yah, get there early, braun took FOREVER to sign because everything was personalized. he was supposed to sign for an hour and a half and it seemed like he was still signing 3 hours later, that's probably an exaggeration, but it took a long time for him to go through everything.

i plan on getting a wild card bottle signed by braun, i'm imagining once he personalizes that, my name will come right off. white eraser, right?

I was there 2-3 hours early last year, and was waiting on the top floor inside, which is nice. Braun and Prince were signing at the same time for $25 a pop. Braunie was by himself, and Prince was signing with Rickie. I went with my fiancee, so we had a map of the room, and we each headed to one line. Try to bring someone with you to ensure you get what you want signed

Last year they had about 30 guys from the 40 man roster there, plus the coaching staff, and some alumni. I do not believe they had anyone not on the 40 man roster, but I could be wrong. I don't know if the roster was full at the time of the event but the following guys were not there that were on the roster at the time of the event: McClung, Hall, Kendall, Escobar, Iribarren, Riske, Julio. I hope Lawrie is there as well, but I don't believe he is on the 40 man roster yet.

i plan on getting a wild card bottle signed by braun, i'm imagining once he personalizes that, my name will come right off. white eraser, right?

I would think that it would, but I wouldn't reccomend getting that signed...you could get a photo of him hitting the homer against the cubs or something from that game and put a piece together with the bottle...The problem that you will run into is that if he signs on any sort of "label" or paper on the bottle, you cannot get that part off...

Have him sign the bottle. It will look great. Just make sure that you don't touch the sig for a few days. Just to make sure that it dosent smear. Don't sign the label. Sign above it right in the glass and goo gone or good off will take it off so easy and you won't be able to tell

The 40 man roster will be there except for the following:

Lofgren, Periard, Rivas, Rogers, Scarpetta, Salome, Counsell, Cruz, Heether and Cain.

Nice job of getting the whole 25 man roster together. Only Counsell will be absent.

Love Vaughn and Cirillo!

As I look at the list closer, it looks like they might not have wanted/invited the minor leaguers on the roster to attend. Everyone who is set to attend played on the big league club last year or was signed during the off season.

Have him sign the bottle. It will look great. Just make sure that you don't touch the sig for a few days. Just to make sure that it dosent smear. Don't sign the label. Sign above it right in the glass and goo gone or good off will take it off so easy and you won't be able to tell

I was planning on having him sign on the glass, I'm thinking gold sharpie. I'd imagine there wouldn't be a problem with me picking where he signs it. I'll plead my case that the sig wont be as nice over a label if that is the case. He's generally really nice the 5 or 6 times I've met him, so I dont think this is an issue.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm sure your bottle will look great! Good luck. Make sure to take a picture of how it turned out.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/8991591799195d0e1cdafca64dc9afe7c0ba6ed.jpg

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I checked the Brewers website for the press release last year and they had 27 guys initially announced (Fielder was later added).

A couple of the minor league guys were announced ahead of time (Rogers and Green) and non roster invitee Morlan.

Hopefully that means that they will add a bunch of the minor league guys from the 40 man (and Lawrie too, though I doubt it) as surprises for us.

Archived