Brewer Fanatic

Some rumors not involving the Brewers

* J.D. Drew is set to sign a 2 yr 30 mil deal with BOS

* Nomar Garciapara is very close to a deal with LAD

* Woody Williams and HOU are in "serious discusions"

* SEA may look to trade Beltre and Sexson

* LAD and SEA are in a battle for Jason Schmidt

* COL and HOU are in trade talk that could potentilly involve Jennings and Lidge

* Yankees and Giants are both discusing multi year deals for 3B Rich Aurilia

* Aaron Rowand has drawn intrest from several teams, and PHI may decide to trade him for the right offer

* CHW have "strong" intrest in Andrew Jones

* CHW are looking to trade SP Freddy Garcia and LAA may have made a offer of SP Ervin Santana for SP Garcia

* CHC are looking for SP and have asked about SP Jake Westbrook and Rockies Jason Jennings

* TOR signed Frank Thomas to a 2 yr 18 mil deal.

* SFG Ray Durham is seking a 2 yr 18 mil deal

* SFG made a offer to Piere for 3 yr 30 mil and Garry Matthews JR a 3 yr 30 mil deal, will take either if they say yes

* Ted Lilly's agent said he could have a deal done for a 4 yr 35 mil teams intrested are: NYY, CHC, SF

* DET is listening to offers on OF Marcus Thames

* TEX has asked about the availablitly of Hudson and Rameriz from the Braves.

* PHI had a 20 minute phone converstation with free agent Alfonso Soriano. May have made a offer.

* BOS may have Clemens close if he took a offer from BOS

* BOS had discussions with FA Tomo Ohka

***NEW RUMOR****

* TEX may have made a offer of Otsuka, Danks, and Nick Masset for Javier Vazquez.

Among the more interesting scenarios is a pitch that sources say the Angels made for White Sox right-hander Freddy Garcia, whom they highly covet. The Angels' deal would call for a package that includes right-hander Ervin Santana.

thats all I have now will update later on thoughs welcomed.

. COL and HOU are in trade talk that could potentilly involve Jennings and Lidge

** TEX may have made a offer of Otsuka, Danks, and Nick Masset for Javier Vazquez.

The White Sox need to take the Vazquez offer, and Houston getting Jennings bugs me a bit.

The lack of rumors is no fault of Melvin's. We do hear rumors -- Roberts, Lopez (Bal), Pierre -- but what does Melvin have to work with? You guys try trading our excess of declining OFs and see what you can get!

Personally, I'm glad we're not getting in for the sake of "competing" this offseason. The FA crop is terrible, and guys are making money that's just insane - not at all in line with talent or production, merely the market -- which sucks!

The FA market after next season is bonkers. Mlbtraderumors.com gives a look:

www.mlbtraderumors.com/20...ree_a.html

Roberts fits the main position player need, and the solid pitchers are out of our price range. Trading will be how the pitching help is brought in, and we'll have to wait for the winter meetings for the bulk of those to go down.

Spending intelligently, and saving money this offseason will have us salivating next offseason.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewers fans go through this every offseason. Many wonder and wonder and wonder some more why the Brewers aren't doing anything, because there aren't any substantiated rumors floating around, and year after year Doug Melvin makes a significant move or two. He plays his cards very close to the vest. If we're still wondering when Melvin will make a move in February, than I may join in adding some venom of my own, but it's way too early for that. We're still about three weeks away from the Winter Meetings, which is the time Melvin has made the most noise the past three offseasons (trading Sexson, trading for Lee and trading Overbay).

Just what I need now, a list of guys that will be out of the Brewers price range next year after just reading they have jacked up ticket prices following a 75 win season where they couldn't pay to keep their best player.

I'm sorry but I'm getting a little tired of the lack of information being generated from the major media outlets in Milwaukee. All WTMJ gives us all offseason on the Brewers is the in house fluff, ticket promotion show, "Talkin Brewers" that just regurgitates spin on the transactions that the so-called genious Melvin pulled off so as to generate ticket sales.

Why is it that some people just find the worst for the Crew? If Melvin & co went out this offseason and signed Lee or Soriano or Drew, the same people would be complaining next offseason about having overpaid and now we can't get Vernon Wells or Jake Westbrook or Adam Dunn or Andruw Jones or Freddy Garcia.

The young guys we have are the nucleus to which the Brewers have committed. We can't afford to keep them, and try to create a new core via free agency. What we can do is spend wisely this offseason (ie Roberts), and let Melvin make more great trades to bring in pitching.

I can't stomach Brewer fans finally getting what is needed, and then complaining how it isn't good or fast enough. Expanding our market takes time, and if you look at the progress made since regime change, it has happened pretty quickly. No matter who they add for 2007, the Brewers are still at least a year away from seriously contending. Could we make a playoff push? Certainly, but we don't have a combo like Pujols-Edmonds-Rolen or Beltran-Delgado-Wright just yet.

The core of the team has finally experienced, first-hand, just how tough the MLB is. What deal is it that makes you not trust Melvin & co.'s talent assesment? I just don't understand! You can rip the Lee trade all day long, but it was the right move. The ticket increase is going to facilitate bringing a big stud, and I can't wait to hear what these pessimists have to say when they see how wise we were to avoid the carnage of this year's FA market

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

From Ken Rosenthal:

Free-agent shortstop Alex Gonzalez is believed to be close to signing a three-year contract with the Reds.

The Blue Jays also have shown interest in Gonzalez, but a second source said they would balk at the rumored price ? three years, $15 million.

Gonzalez, 28, is one of the game's top defensive shortstops, but his .179 batting average with runners in scoring position last season was the lowest in the majors.

Gonzalez, 28, is one of the game's top defensive shortstops, but his .179 batting average with runners in scoring position last season was the lowest in the majors.

Yeah, those 117 AB's override anything else he's ever done.

2005 w/ RISP (115 AB) - .296 / .387 / .426 / .813

Career OPS - .684

Career OPS w/ RISP - .739

Archived