Brewer Fanatic

Rockies interested in Brady Clark for CF

aracko

I thought this might be worth a topic on its own.

www.rockymountainnews.com...98,00.html

What could we get in return for Brady Clark?

Id sure like to move Clark and Hardy for Troy Tulowitzki but I think thats pretty unlikely.

I do think however that we might possibly be able to move Clark for Jeff Baker? How Baker would fit on our team I am not 100% sure, but he could probably hold 3rd base at least till Braun is ready - and then he could backup at 1st,3rd, and LF and RF. ??www.denverpost.com/moss/ci_3921022

The way I see it is if anyone would like to take on Clark and his 3.8 million this year let 'em have him. I think the best we could expect in return would be a player equal to Brian Wolfe (??? the player we traded for Koskie) It is not that I hate Clark but that money could be used to bring a quality reliever, Jamie Walker

Anybody else think that Clark's great catch of 2 seasons ago is perhaps coloring Colorado's perception of Clark? Colorado is a young team with a gaping hole in CF but some upside for 2007. It certainly seems like a reasonable short term fit, although I wouldn't expect much in return.

Robert

Trading Brady for nothing gives the brewers his 4 million to spend on Roberts..that cuts a Roberts deal down by about a third in total cost...makes a lot of sense to me...the brewers don't need clark at all...gross is a better hitter and has more potential and hall and hart can both play CF as well..

What could we get in return for Brady Clark?

The short answer is "nothing but salary relief" - I would be happy if his salary were dumped as long as we are able to obtain another starting CF (or at least a right handed platoon starter) in FA or another trade.

However, the longer version of the answer comes when you consider that you also save $3.8M to spend on a free agent, so the trade may essentially be Clark for Dave Roberts (who will cost more and require 2-3 years) and a marginal prospect.

Rockies may be interested in a trade centering around Jason Jennings and Brady Clark? I am interested.

MLB Hot Stove Report:

"Rockies: The future of ace right-hander Jason Jennings could be up in the air. The Rockies would like to sign him to a multi-year contract, but the New York Post reports that Jennings, who could become a free agent at the end of the '07 season, is on the trade market. The Rocky Mountain News reported that Brewers center fielder Brady Clark would be a trade possibility for the Rockies if the Brewers sign Dave Roberts."

Notice I said, a trade centering around...I did not mean to imply that they would be swaped for each other. I am sure we would have to give up much more in the deal, but I am not going to speculate on who it might be. I will leave that to you guys.

Yeah...I can't see them trading there best pitcher for a backup quality CF. Unless it involved more players. Looking at the rockies, hard to find other places where they would need help. Maybe 2nd base, but how can the Brewers help them there...other than trading Weeks...I wouldn't want that to happen. Perhaps if the brewers through in a prospect or two...along the lines of someone like Parra maybe?

I predict that Jennings will be on the opening day roster for the Rockies and they will trade him before the deadline (unless they are in the race) if they don't workout a long term contract.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Why do we want Jennings? He is the right handed version of Doug Davis. He walks a ton of hitters. Also his ERA has been over 5.00 two of the last three years, and his periphials from this last year suggest that his ERA should have been in the mid 4s. He isn't a front end of the rotation starter, just a backend of the rotation guy who had a career (humador assisted) year.

He certainly isn't worth giving up an Inman for. Now if they want to do a Clark + Gwynn for Jennings swap, I'd go with that. But I personally think we are way overvaluing Jennings.

Seems like someone was talking TGwynn and Eveland to COL for kids about a month ago...hmm oh wait that was me...

Eveland will be the critical mass to get the job done....

BClark and Eveland + ptbnl for Jennings and Ianetta...

in a second...a second!

rouse

Archived