Brewer Fanatic

Aguilar sent outright to Nashville, clearing 40-man spot

PrinceEatMeat

The timing is odd for it to be a pending free agent signing, as there isn't any reason to clear the space to sign a free agent since such moves are usually made after the player is signed (after all, they have to take a physical to make it official). If there is something in the works, I'm guessing it's a trade, with either prospects going for a proven player or some combination that creates a need for one extra 40-man roster spot. EDIT: I could see it being cleared for an impending waiver/roster claim.

Weird rumor of the day: Peter Gammons supposedly says the Brewers are looking at Johnny Damon. I have no link, it's something someone on the JSOnline blog referenced.
I would absolutely love to add Damon for the right price. Especially if it means moving Hart for a pitcher.

Weird rumor of the day: Peter Gammons supposedly says the Brewers are looking at Johnny Damon. I have no link, it's something someone on the JSOnline blog referenced.
I would absolutely love to add Damon for the right price. Especially if it means moving Hart for a pitcher.

I really like that idea as well, but that's awfully creative compared to what Melvin has been willing to do in the past, he hasn't been one to trade a position player without a replacement already in the organization.

If that would happen it would absolutely renew some of my lost faith in DM, I'd much prefer a trade for a pitcher that can regularly give the crew 7-8 IP and limit the workload of the pen, instead of a Garland/Davis/Washburn FA signing, regardless of the years involved.

edit. Fixed shoddy quote.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Yeah, while I don't put much stock in the rumor, I think I would be more excited to get Damon for say, 1 year and $8 million than Davis/Washburn/Garland for the same. I am not confident Hart can be dealt for any sort of decent pitcher, though.

Got a tweet from Haudricourt. He says he spoke with Gord Ash and that "no move is pending, they are just being proactive.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I love how he just groups together Milwaukee and Minnesota, I mean who really cares they both start w/ an M and are from the midwest, that works for me. If thats how it was brought up I will put absolutely zero stock into that rumor. I would love to see Damon in Milwaukee but I don't see it happening for financial reasons, I think if they add anybody it will be another starter.

I am ok w/ the Brewers taking Aguilar off the 40 man, he really struggled last season after dominating in previous seasons. Hopefully he can rebound this year.

Probably moving him at a time when they think nobody will claim him while clearing a spot in case they see somebody else trying to sneak a good player through.

I don't think there was much concern over anyone claiming Aguilar. Guys coming off years with 7+ ERA's at AA aren't usually in great demand even for the weakest of teams.

The Damon 'rumors' might well just be another Boras tactic. Damon burned bridges with the Yankees by demanding 2/$20M when the Yanks offered something like 2/$15M... really pissed Cashman off, apparently. So now he seems to be out questing after this mythical 2/$20M deal, and will probably just wind up getting the same as or even less than the Yankees offered him in the first place. I agree with yoshii -- until there's more substance to the rumor than, 'Uhhh, he's like gonna sign with a midwest team that starts with the letter M or something', I can't put much stock in it.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I concur. Damon is a big stage player--no way he wants Milwaukee unless it's a last resort. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have him for one year if it meant jettisoning Hart. Boy, we would weaken our defense though. Plus, I don't know if you can trust Yankee players anymore; that park inflates SLG. so much.

Archived