Brewer Fanatic

Auto'd Picture Question

bani1717

Just wondering if anyone could offer me any tips on how to take care of a certain autographed picture I recently got. At the Bradley Center I bought an Andrew Bogut 8x10 photo and had him sign it. It came in a little cardboard "frame" that basically is just a thin piece of cardboard that says "8x10 photo" on it and that goes over the front and back of the photo. Well, after I got the picture signed I tried to take this off and realized that it was kind of adhering to the bottom of the picture. It left some residual torn paper or whatever sticking to the front of my picture at the bottom. It's almost like if there were a price tag on the front of the picture at the bottom that didn't really come off that well.

Does anyone know of any good ways to remove this kind of stuff? I could just cut off the bottom inch of the picture, but I'd rather not if possible as there is a little official NBA sticker in the corner. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Goo Gone works great. You can buy it at Walmart, Target, K-Mart, most hardware stores, ect. It should be about $2-$3. Put a very small amount on a paper towel and it should come right off. I bought a bottle a couple years ago and use it a lot to take off stuff like this and pen or sharpie marks.

I should also add that I have used it on an 8x10 before. I had to remove that glue like stuff that is left behind after removing a sticker. It didn't harm the photo at all. Just make sure to keep it away from the signature because it will take that off too.

Archived