Brewer Fanatic

Hayden Penn and Adam Lowen on the block?

aracko

Maybe Hayden Penn could be had, but I think the Orioles would want starting pitching in return for any trade involving Penn.

"Also, an industry source confirmed an ESPN report that the Orioles and Braves have had trade discussions involving Atlanta right-hander Tim Hudson.

The source said the Orioles bristled at dealing left-handed starter Adam Loewen but discussed a package of prospects that included right-hander Hayden Penn .

However, Hudson's hefty contract - he's owed at least $33 million over the next three years - and potential health concerns could prohibit the Orioles from further pursuing the 31-year- old.

Hudson, an ace while in Oakland, made 35 starts for the Braves in 2006 and compiled a career-worst 4.86 ERA."

www.baltimoresun.com/spor...-headlines

Quote:
However, Hudson's hefty contract - he's owed at least $33 million over the next three years - and potential health concerns could prohibit the Orioles from further pursuing the 31-year- old.

This is exactly why I've been talking up Doug Davis's trade value. He's healthy, durable, and affordable. I am anxiously waiting to see what the Moustache can swing this offseason

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Loewen isn't going anywhere. I have heard that Penn could be available, but only in a deal in which they were to land someone like Tim Hudson. In other words, don't get your hopes up that either Mench of Jenkins could land a pitcher like Penn.

This is exactly why I've been talking up Doug Davis's trade value. He's healthy, durable, and affordable. I am anxiously waiting to see what the Moustache can swing this offseason.

Seconded. I've been saying for a while that Davis has more value than some seem to think.

Archived