Brewer Fanatic

Anyone get any cool memorabilia for X-Mas.

miggs721

Figured I would start this thread since I had nothing else going on and got all by errands done beofre the snow started to fall.

I recieved a locker name plate of catcher/ph Mark Johnson, my namesake who played in 2004, 7 games, 15 at bats, with 1 hit. I knew there was a Mark Johnson that played in the majors for a while, but forgot the 1 hit in 15 abs he had. Nonetheless, a sweet gift, and to top it off, he wore #8

I got a game used Carlos Villanueva bat, a game used Danny Kolb Milwaukee Bears throwback uniform & pants, a game used hat to match the uniform and a couple of bottles of champagne from the Wild Card clincher in 2008. Nice stuff.

Edit, I forgot one of the coolest items, a ticket to the 1957 World Series game 4 at County Stadium.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I actually got a surprising collection of Brewers memorabilia from my parents. They got several items from a charity auction, including some early '80s newspapers covering the '82 World Series appearance, several magazines from the early '80s (including an '82 WS program), several of the McDonalds and Pizza Hut placemats from the same era, and then this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2664/4218145461_44de2505ab_o.jpg

Pretty neat score book from the Braves 1957 season, including scoring from all the World Series games. A few box score clippings are in there as well.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

My parents found all of our old sports cars in storage....after spending hours and hours sorting through baseball/basketball/football (don't know why my brother bothered with other sports), sgt and I have a nice stack of 1980's and 1990's baseball cards. There's a great looking Paul Molitor '83 Topps....but looks like one of us scribbled on it.

At some point hopefully we'll have the time to go through them and see if there's anything of value. At the very least, we'll make a cool collage of all the old Brewers cards and maybe all the major league players with sgt's last name.

My mom got me a Brewers nutcracker that looks pretty great.

My grandfather passed away right before opening day 2009, he had never missed an opening day in Milwaukee, starting with the Braves.

While my dad was cleaning out my grandpa's basement, he found a world series ticket from game 5 of 57, and a bunch of older scorecards, including his first scorecard (which he noted), so I got those. When I opened it, I broke down. I plan on getting the ticket, scorecard and the "I was there" pennant sometime in the next few weeks.

Awesome story Bikeage77. . .That stuff will have value to you far beyond market value.

I picked up a few things at auction over the past couple of months, and was finally able to see them in person. . .

An old Brewers team issued Christmas card featuring elves and Barrelman

A 1976 Sixto Lezcano bat

Some 1969 Topps Football cards to fill in some holes in my set (16 more to go)

A Tommy Harper signed ball

A 1970 wirephoto of Marty Pattin

and the prize item, an unused 1970 Opening Day ticket.

Good stuff. . .

Archived