Brewer Fanatic

Angels Sign RP Fernando Rodney, 2 yrs/$11M

crewcrazy

Thats not to bad of a deal, I mean what are we paying Hoffman, Like almost 8 million?

Unlike Hoffman, who has been decent but not great in 3 of the last 17 otherwise-great seasons, Rodney has been pretty mediocre for 3 straight years. The past couple of years suggest that there's a good chance that Seth McClung can probably do better than Rodney, and be had for way less. As a reliever, McClung has had ERA's of 3.67 and 3.95 over the last 2 seasons while Rodney has been 4.91 and 4.40, plus Seth is 4 years younger.

Thats not to bad of a deal, I mean what are we paying Hoffman, Like almost 8 million?

Unlike Hoffman, who has been decent but not great in 3 of the last 17 otherwise-great seasons, Rodney has been pretty mediocre for 3 straight years. The past couple of years suggest that there's a good chance that Seth McClung can probably do better than Rodney, and be had for way less. As a reliever, McClung has had ERA's of 3.67 and 3.95 over the last 2 seasons while Rodney has been 4.91 and 4.40, plus Seth is 4 years younger.

Yea, this is a real head scratcher to me, paying for save numbers over production. That said, the Angels have made a fair share of moves the last few years that i questioned, yet they win 95-100 games.

Archived