Brewer Fanatic

3-way idea Suppan + $ to LAD, Harang to Mil, prospects to Cin.

Cincy could gain more payroll flexibility & prospects , Dodgers could add the back of the rotation pitcher they want. Brewer get a decent upgrade over Suppan & dump some of his contract. Milwaukee would probably have to give up at least 6 Million to get it done. 3.5 now & 2.5 for the buyout at yr end.

I have to agree with dadofandrew. We aren't trading Suppan and he isn't likely to go to the bullpen unless he really stinks it up. There are too many marginal pitchers that can be had on the cheap right now and we need pitching depth ourselves. We would have to find someone with just a horrible contract to make a trade happen and then we'd have to pay for 1 or 2 more starters just to have enough depth ourselves, I just don't see it happening.

Players are known to somehow be good in their contract years.

Maybe Suppan can pull something out of his butt and give us a 4.25 ERA. Highly unlikely, but crappy players have done it before.

I just don't see anyway Suppan is traded without taking a equally crappy player/contract back

Imagine DM extending Soup if he had a career year. Haha

I see nothing "haha" about that. In fact, that's a vile, disgusting, reprehensible suggestion that you should be punished for even making us think about!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

If the XYZ Rolen Affair taught us anything. it's that "decent return" becomes "major haul" when dealing within the division. But if they would do a cost neutral Soup for Harang deal, I would jump at the offer, while even tossing them a 15-20 prospect (Caleb Gindl comes to mind, as does Evan Anundsen-a sinkerballer at Great American...what a unique thought).

Archived