Brewer Fanatic

Kris Medlen from Atlanta

Would he be a decent trade target or is he mostly a AAAA guy?

I think he's significantly, significantly more than a AAAA guy, and I don't think the Braves have any interest whatsoever in trading him.

He's been an absolute stud in the minors with well over a K per IP and a 5/1 K/BB ratio. I just don't see any reason why the Braves would want to move him when he's got 6 years of service time left.

I mean, I think you're looking at a Mat Gamel+ package in order to get him. Which may not be a bad idea, but I think his value is far higher than a AAAA guy.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

gamel plus what? if it's gamel plus something expendable, i'd do it. you're right, the guy has been a stud so far in his young career and we don't really have that in our system right now.

I don't know. My point was that I think it'd take more than Gamel to make the trade work. I suppose Gamel plus Caleb Gindl would possibly be a deal ATL MAY consider.

Gamel+Rivas? Gamel and more than just a throw in.

I still don't see why Atlanta would want to make the trade though.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I can't see the Braves making your proposed move, although it is interesting....

After they trade Lowe (or Vazquez), Medlen will be their backup plan should one of their starters get injured.... he's probably a setup man in their bullpen for now but many Braves fans think he's being groomed to be their closer of the future....

Things could change though especially if they fail to land a 1B before spring traing....

Archived