Brewer Fanatic

Are we just cheap? Or cheap thinking?

Quote:
The Brewers are simply a mirror and representation of their fan base. I've been to New York City and LA. their teams are very representative of their fan base. their fan base is rich and expects a quality product, and doesn't mind paying for it. and that's what the Yankees, Lakers and Knicks provide them.

I don't think Brewers fans are cheap or poor, Wisconsin isn't a poor state. I think Wisconsinites are willing to spend more if there is a quality and winning team (which there isn't for a long time). When the Brewers ended 2005 with a .500 record, fans attendance shot up with expectations of a winning season in 2006 (before they fell miserably). Will the Brewers put out a quality and winning team for 2007 remains to be seen...

Mark Attanasio is a rich New Yorker who now lives in LA. He was a long-time passionate Yankees fan, so he should know what a quality team is. I sure hope he doesn't take the Brewers fan support and faith for granted...

Archived