Brewer Fanatic

Yankees non-tender Chien-Ming Wang

battlekow
Anibal Sanchez threw a no-hitter
I hate that example as a "any one can get lucky" story.

Anibal Sanchez was a really good prospect and pitcher. His career was derailed by injuries - it doesn't mean he was "lucky" to throw a no-hitter.

Buehrle threw 2 no hitters, how is that one?

MLB Trade Rumors has a blurb up saying a few teams have interest and that Joe Torre and his staff really like Wang. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there, since the Dodgers need pitching. Then again, if they can't spend any money, it might be tough.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Does anyone know if Wang is pitching back to his form of 2 years ago? If not I can't believe anyone would pay too much for him. He was downright terrible last year after coming back from his foot injury in June, 2008. Not Jeff Suppan bad, but little leaguer facing MLBer's bad. After that start in 2009 he bounced around for 2 more months before he had arm pain and went under the knife and isn't expected to pitch until a wide window of April or June. I'd say he is fairly big risk since when he comes back it will be 2 years since he was effective, he is coming of shoulder surgery, he has to regain the form/mechanics to get that sinker working. Without that good sink he is a pretty pedestrian pitcher with low velocity, low K's, and fairly hittable.

Archived