Brewer Fanatic

Kendall to Royals

reillymcshane

As frustrating as he could be, I'll never forget the late-game play he made on a bunt last year ... pouncing out from behind the plate to make a flying-leap-throw over to third base to nail someone on a force out. His body was completely parallel to the ground as he threw, it was a play like I'd never seen a catcher make before. Also enjoyed the fact that he wasn't an Estrada/Rivera slug on the basepaths. That said, glad the Brewers are moving on to other things in 2010.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Thank goodness we Brewer fans dodged that bullet. We did our 2 years, it's time we were released from the prison known as "watching Jason Kendall play every day for no discernible reason". I feel so sorry for Royals fans, they have to watch so many awful players on their team. At least they dumped Mike Jacobs.

I'll never forget the interview with him after the "retaliation for Braun" game in Pittsburgh where he kept intentionally calling one of the Pirate's assistant coaches by the wrong name. He also had some pretty intimidating walk-up music, although the bark was definitely worse than the bite with him.

I'm trying to remember the good times, but that's all I could think of.

Gruber Lawffices

I'll never forget the interview with him after the "retaliation for Braun" game in Pittsburgh where he kept intentionally calling one of the Pirate's assistant coaches by the wrong name.
Haha, I'm cracking up remembering that:

"It was fine until Dave Kerwin," Kendall said, referring to Kerrigan. Kendall continued to call Kerrigan by that incorrect name -- seemingly on purpose -- even after being promptly corrected.

"I can take a lot, but I'm not going to get yelled at," he continued. "Dave Kerwin started yelling at me...."

When asked what he thought made Kerrigan so mad, Kendall responded: "I don't know. Dave Kerwin? I have no idea."

Psycho.

I will never forget that on the LA trip this year that between games he got his sleeve(tattoos) on his arm done. I could tell they were fresh by the shine and kept thinking to myself that A.)thats has to be sore and B.) Shouldnt it be covered up by some bandages?

This is why I love Keith Law:

The Banshee wailed because she had to watch Jason Kendall hit. #jasonkendallfacts

35 minutes ago from web

@FB365

Jason Kendall was the last player taken in the Little League draft......this year. #jasonkendallfacts

42 minutes ago from web

Retweeted by keithlaw and 2 others

Nihilism: The belief that a Jason Kendall at bat is pointless. #jasonkendallfacts

about 1 hour ago from web

Brian Wilson saw Jason Kendall hit and wouldn't get out of bed for a year. #jasonkendallfacts

In 13 states, the penalty for walking Jason Kendall is death ... from embarrassment. #jasonkendallfacts

Jason Kendall doesn't have a sponsor for bats - he just uses a twig from the back yard. #jasonkendallfacts

RT @DempseysArmy In 2010, a manager will intentionally walk Yuniesky Betancourt to pitch to Jason Kendall. #jasonkendallfacts

about 2 hours ago from web

Jason Kendall doesn't hit the trainer's room when he's hurt - he goes to the jeweler's for a new battery. #jasonkendallfacts

@camdencrazies Jason Kendall isn't the best thing since sliced bread. He's just toast. #jasonkendallfacts

about 2 hours ago from web in reply to camdencrazies

Jason Kendall has so little power than when the Royals signed him, all the lights in Kansas City went out. #jasonkendallfacts

Jason Kendall is the only player in MLB history to post a negative ISO. #jasonkendallfacts

#royalsfail should be a Trending Topic by now...

about 3 hours ago from web

@JPosnanski

Miguel Olivo hit more HRs last year than Jason Kendall hit last year + 2008 + 2007 + 2006 + 2005 + 2004 + 2003 +2002.

about 3 hours ago from web

Retweeted by keithlaw and 9 others

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

As frustrating as he could be, I'll never forget the late-game play he made on a bunt last year ... pouncing out from behind the plate to make a flying-leap-throw over to third base to nail someone on a force out. His body was completely parallel to the ground as he threw, it was a play like I'd never seen a catcher make before. Also enjoyed the fact that he wasn't an Estrada/Rivera slug on the basepaths. That said, glad the Brewers are moving on to other things in 2010.
That was a truly awesome play.

Hey, the guy couldn't hit, but he did some good things for the team. He was great behind the plate in 2008 and was a good teammate. And hey, as much as "grit" is mocked, I do like having a guy with "grit" on the team. Just make sure the other seven position players can hit better.

This is why I love Keith Law:

RT @DempseysArmy In 2010, a manager will intentionally walk Yuniesky Betancourt to pitch to Jason Kendall. #jasonkendallfacts

You can't intentionally walk Yuniesky Betancourt, he'll swing at the intentional balls.

Yeah right. We said the same thing about Wes Helms and he bit us in the butt several times.

Helms hit the game winning homer against the Mets in the final game of the 2008 season. He may have had a couple game winning hits against us, but I'll look the other way after that homer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived