Brewer Fanatic

Randy Wolf to Sign with Brewers, 3 years plus club option/$29.75 million

Funketown

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome! I'm really loving the getting aggressive in the signing pitchers....last year, didn't seem like there was much of a plan after CC turned the team down. This year, seems like there is a specific list of targets and they are going after their guys!

Awesome! I'm really loving the getting aggressive in the signing pitchers....last year, didn't seem like there was much of a plan after CC turned the team down. This year, seems like there is a specific list of targets and they are going after their guys!

Agreed. I do like the supposed 'plan' that Hadricourt was reporting.

Sign Wolf.. (check)

Explore trade opportunities for young starting pitching...

Re-look at FA situation and shoot for late signing bargain SP...

Sigh--the cycle continues. An awesome example of thinking inside the box and wasting precious resources. I don't want to hear a single complaint in two years or one year or six months. they've made their bed and now they're gonna lie in it.

Sigh--the cycle continues. An awesome example of thinking inside the box and wasting precious resources. I don't want to hear a single complaint in two years or one year or six months. they've made their bed and now they're gonna lie in it.

What did you want them to do instead again? Sign Lackey? Trade all our good prospects for Edwin Jackson?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Melvin is doing the best he can to win one with Fielder here. That third year will probably be regrettable, but right now he is trying to build the best team that he can.

I don't think that the Brewers will get production matching the salary they are paying, but Wolf probably represents the best mix of health and pitching available this offseason. That says more about the pitching this offseason than Wolf, but I think this is a gamble that makes sense.

What did you want them to do instead again?

Stand pat, as well documented elsewhere.

I don't want to hear a single complaint in two years or one year or six months.

And I'm sure we won't here praise coming from your way in six months if Wolf pitches well this year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'd rather see Melvin try and fail rather than do nothing, and still fail. Waiting for a future free agent class of pitchers that may not come to be is not what this team is currently in the mode to do.

I love it, I think 3 year 27 million dollar deal is very fair, congrats to Melvin on getting the 2nd best pitcher on the FA market. He definitely is a huge upgrade to our rotation, hopefully he can stay healthy and become a fixture to our pitching staff. I'm excited to see who else we get.

I like the signing but I'm praying this doesn't turn into another Suppan deal.
Wolf is a better pitcher than Suppan so it shouldn't. The concern would be injury more than anything. Now if we had signed Garland you could worry about it being another Suppan deal since he has the same anemic skillset that Suppan does.

Archived