Brewer Fanatic

10 million dollar player?

Weirdos19

Pretty sure this player we add will be from a trade.

Will it be an outfileder or a starter?

Outfielders I'd target as trade possibilities:

1. Jason Bay and Jose Castillo for Weeks, Davis, and Eveland- A big package for the most underrated player in the league, but it gives Pitt a ton of potential and gives us an anchor in the outfiled. He reminds me of Jeff Bagwell if he were an outfielder.

2. Brian Giles for Corey Hart and DD- Sure, we mortgage a bit of our future, but Giles is signed up and we may lose Hart by the time Giles' contract is up.

3. Vernon Wells for Davis, Hardy, and Clark- This is the mortgage the future for one year gamble, unless DM were able to open Mark A.'s wallet.

Pitchers that may be available:

1. Tim Hudson for Davis and Eveland- Gambling on Hudson being effective next year. A gamble I'd like to see.

2. Jake Peavy and Cla Meredith for Cappy, TGJ, Zach Jack, and Iribarren- With Barfield gone, they may like a combo of Gwynn and Iribarren for youngsters. Peavy is filthy, period.

3. Freddy Garcia for Clark, TGJ, and Eveland- The Sox are actively shopping Garcia, among others. A pitching prospect and a centerfielder might be enough for them to take Brady's salary.

4. Ervin Santana and McPherson for Braun and Jenkins- For some reason, the Angels are shopping Santana. A stiff price, but a future number one is hard to pass up.

Let's get the hot stove warmed up!

I like the pitchers a lot more than the hitters. I'd rather have Vasquez off the Sox though.

The guy that we should definately call about is Peavey. I can't believe he is even close to being available. I would include one of Hall, Weeks, or Braun to get him.

Quote:
1. Jason Bay and Jose Castillo for Weeks, Davis, and Eveland- A big package for the most underrated player in the league, but it gives Pitt a ton of potential and gives us an anchor in the outfiled. He reminds me of Jeff Bagwell if he were an outfielder.

I doubt that happens. I'd love Bay but he's locked up at a great price. Pirates fans may burn down PNC Park if ownership traded Bay.

Quote:
2. Brian Giles for Corey Hart and DD- Sure, we mortgage a bit of our future, but Giles is signed up and we may lose Hart by the time Giles' contract is up.

Umm this trade sucks for us. We give up a solid 4/5 starter and a young outfielder with good potential. Plus Giles is owed $18 million over the next two years.

Quote:
3. Vernon Wells for Davis, Hardy, and Clark- This is the mortgage the future for one year gamble, unless DM were able to open Mark A.'s wallet.

As long as we have another starting pitcher to replace Davis (I'm talking proven starter) I'd do this.

Quote:
1. Tim Hudson for Davis and Eveland- Gambling on Hudson being effective next year. A gamble I'd like to see.

I'd like this gamble too. And the Braves might take that deal. Another proven starter and a nice pitching prospect for Hudson.

Quote:
2. Jake Peavy and Cla Meredith for Cappy, TGJ, Zach Jack, and Iribarren- With Barfield gone, they may like a combo of Gwynn and Iribarren for youngsters. Peavy is filthy, period.

Yeah there's no way San Diego does that trade.

Quote:
3. Freddy Garcia for Clark, TGJ, and Eveland- The Sox are actively shopping Garcia, among others. A pitching prospect and a centerfielder might be enough for them to take Brady's salary.

I like this trade too. Is it enough to get Chicago to do it though?

Quote:
Ervin Santana and McPherson for Braun and Jenkins- For some reason, the Angels are shopping Santana. A stiff price, but a future number one is hard to pass up.

Sign me up for this one. We may need to sweeten the deal for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California by Disney Land on the West Coast by the Pacific Ocean though.

sbrylski06: "I'd rather have Vazquez off the Sox though"

I wouldn't. Vazquez is owed $12.5 million in 07. Garcia is owed $10 million.

Vazquez might have better stuff than Garcia, but Garcia will win you more games. Vazquez has been basically a .500 pitcher his whole career. Garcia is just a tough cookie on the mound who knows how to pitch. He'll do what it takes to get wins especially in big games.

I dont want any part of an aging over priced Brian Giles. Doug Davis is arguably better than Tim Hudson, and that is before you figure in that Hudson is owed 33 million over the next 3 years.

I'd be happy to have Wells and Garcia...at least for what was proposed for them above.

Quote:
trwi7: "Sign me up for this one. We may need to sweeten the deal for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California by Disney Land on the West Coast by the Pacific Ocean though."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

"I think we took a wrong turn. . . turn. . . turn. . ." (echo)http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"Stay on target."

I like the Garcia trade and would do that in a minute. The Wells trade is doable only if he can agree to an extension before the trade. If not, it's far too much for a one-year rental unless we get a blockbuster deadline deal.

I think it's more important that Garcia has a lower ERA in each of the past 3 years. Back when Vazquez was good, he played for the 'spos - not exactly a situation conducive to picking up a nice win total.

Add that Vasquez has basically become a guy that is only good for 5-6 innings then gets rocked. He cannot get through an order anymore than 2 times.

Archived