Brewer Fanatic

Gillick looking to move Burrell. Brewers interested?

Quote:
Someone help me out here....

Burrell is a fairly stonefooted LF, who's only other real option defensively is 1B, where the Phillies have Ryan Howard.

The Phils are aggressively pursuing Carlos Lee to play LF and hit behind Howard, Burrell has a no trade clause and thus far hasn't been cooperative with Philly management.

Does this make any sense?

If the Phils do land Carlos, what's up with Burrell?

Well this is simple. Lee LF/Burrell LCF/Rowand CF/Victorino RF

SS/3B Rollins/ SS/2B Utley/1B/2B Howard

It really is as simple as that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought Ive heard is burrell to cf(ugly thought) and possibly trading rowand and a prospect to the chisox for a starting pitcher. although I see baltimore as the eventual spot for carlos at this point anyways.

-Don

The thought Ive heard is burrell to cf(ugly thought) and possibly trading rowand and a prospect to the chisox for a starting pitcher. although I see baltimore as the eventual spot for carlos at this point anyways.

They would move Victorino to CF if they move Rowand. Burrell would never be a fulltime CFer.

Phillies are looking for a RH stick to split Howard and Utley up. If they sign one or trade for one, they will push to move Burrell even more.

Phillies are looking for a RH stick to split Howard and Utley up. If they sign one or trade for one, they will push to move Burrell even more.

It's this point that makes no sense to me for the Phillies. I can see why they'd want to replace Burrell, they aren't happy with him, but he has a no trade, and he's already used it once, can you imagine if they sign Lee, then Burrell won't go?

It's a calculated risk, and I'm sure they'd work things out one way or another, but it just looks like that group has no plan, just sign expensive guys, then dump them later and do the same thing again.

Archived