Brewer Fanatic

Braddock in 2010 Reliever or Starter? Latest -- Macha Impressed

nate82
Braddock's a reliever in my book. It would be an organizational policy of mine that injury types get sent straight to the bullpen, while durable pitchers remain starters. I think that relievers are undervalued around here because starters are so immensely valuable. But when you see how much money people waste on closers and free agent bullpen signings like Hawkins (geez that made me gag--throwing away 7.5 as if it was nothing) developing relievers really gives an organization more flexibilty. Sure, I'd like them all to be super effective starters but that's not going to happen because chronic arm injuries (as opposed to one time injuries) aren't going to stop ever. The guy's a reliever--lets live with it and maximize what value we can instead of beating a dead horse.

• 2 months later...

Archived