Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign OF Trent Oeltjen to minor league deal, Spring Training invite

And That

Looking at his AAA stats from last season, he seems like he has a nice speed/power combo, although he does strike out a lot. He also had 14 triples. I like the signing, I think he could potentially make the roster as a 5th outfielder.

He's a long shot to make the Brewer roster, but adds depth for sure and he's lefthanded. There's a lot of signs that Melvin is hedging his bet on Carlos Gomez as the full time CF and this is another. I would discount his numbers a bit in 08 and 09 because there's not too many better places to hit than Tucson and Reno.

Gotta agree with most of what has been said. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I looked up his numbers on Fangraphs. He's hit the ball quite well in AAA over the last couple of years, and has a little bit of pop. If anything stands out to me it's his BABIP's of .364 and .375 over the past two years, respectively. Perhaps those are somewhat in line with his true ability because it does look like he has great speed (24 3B's, 37SB/15CS in 884 AB's over the last two years). If he carries a good glove, I think he has a decent chance at seeing some playing time this year.

At long last, an Australian to replace the departed Dave Nilsson.
Trent Durrington?
At long last, another Australian named Trent. If he makes the big league roster, the Brewers will have cornered the market on major leaguers from Australia named Trent.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

At long last, an Australian to replace the departed Dave Nilsson.
Trent Durrington?
At long last, another Australian named Trent. If he makes the big league roster, the Brewers will have cornered the market on major leaguers from Australia named Trent.
Actually they are the only major leaguers named Trent.

• 2 months later...

Archived