Brewer Fanatic

Tour of Target Field (new Twins stadium)

pretendastronaut
Community Moderator

The reason Miller Park is the last stadium built with a roof is because it was one of the last stadiums approved in the 1990s. It was had to get public funding then--and now it is close to impossible so teams are taking what they can get. Even the Yankees and Mets had retractable roofs in their original plans, but took them out later due to the money issue.

It is also worth noting that according to the Weather Channel, Minneapolis is the coldest metropolitan area in the continental United States. Milwaukee is the second coldest :-)

I just wonder if over the life of Target Field; if some sort of roof makes an apperance.
It isn't designed to be adaptable to having a roof in the future, so I strongly doubt it. I suppose maybe some innovative engineer could come up with something in the future, but I hope the fans up there aren't holding their collective breath.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That stupid overhanging bleachers section just made me think of the travesty that is Minute Maid Park and now I am full of rage. Hey, I have an idea: stop with the bizarre dimensions and silly obstacles that make the game a circus. Thanks. .

While they do have short porches, the massive center field actually neutralizes most of the odd dimensions by having such a huge center field. While pullers get the short porch, balls hit into CF make up for it (almost neutralizing hrs too). Wish I could find the article.

Depends on the climate, but obviously Minnesota has a climate which a roof would help more than in other places.

Even in a southern climate a roof makes a lot of sense. Keeps fans out of the very hot or humid weather in the middle of summer.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived