Brewer Fanatic

Duchscherer vs Sheets vs Bedard vs Harden

Bombers
If they are going to do something, they'd better do it soon. The more guys come off the list I think the more expensive it will cost to get someone like Sheets or Bedard. I think DM and Mark A. need to open up the wallet and spend a little more than they intended to this year because Prince is likely gone after this season and it may be a bit of rebuilding after this season.
Well Prince would have to be traded after this season in order for him to be gone and I am not sure he will be traded at all next year or this year though it could be possible however unlikely though. I am also going to have to disagree with you that Sheets price will not be increasing just because more and more are being signed. Pineiro doesn't even have the health issues that Sheets has and he hasn't gotten a contract yet and it is unlikely that he is going to get what he wants and it is very unlikely that his price will go up either.

Meyers, Bedard, Sheets, and others are still available and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those three and others sign for less than what Duchsherer signed for.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we are almost to the middle of May, I figured I would take a look at their stats even though it is only 7 starts for most (I included a few additional pitchers that others suggested)

Name
W-L ERA G GS IP IP/9 WHIP H/9 HR/9 BB/9 SO/9 SO/BB
Penny 3-3 1.7 7 7 47.2 6.74 1.112 8.5 0.4 1.5 5.1 3.38
Garland 4-2 1.71 7 7 42 6.00 1.214 6.4 0.6 4.5 5.4 1.19
Duchscherer 2-1 2.89 5 5 28 5.6 1.357 8.4 1 3.9 5.8 1.5
Harden 2-1 3.53 7 7 35.2 5.03 1.514 7.3 1.3 6.3 8.6 1.36
Sheets 2-3 6.38 7 7 36.2 5.17 1.773 11.3 1.5 4.7 5.9 1.26
Davis 1-4 7.56 7 7 33.1 4.73 1.98 13 1.1 4.9 8.6 1.78
Bedard - Has not played

So far JohnBriggs had a great suggestion with Penny ... But at this point I am convinced that Duncan could put me on the mound and figure out a way to make it work.

Well, not only did I mention I liked Penny and Ducscherer, but I also mentioned I liked Scott Olsen who briefly was a FA after the Nats non tendered him and before they signed him to a cheap incentive laded deal. Olsen's 2-1 with a 3.51 ERA.

Well, not only did I mention I liked Penny and Ducscherer, but I also mentioned I liked Scott Olsen who briefly was a FA after the Nats non tendered him and before they signed him to a cheap incentive laded deal. Olsen's 2-1 with a 3.51 ERA.
And Duscherer would be on the DL right now also so that means Suppan would be in the rotation.

Archived