Brewer Fanatic

Duchscherer vs Sheets vs Bedard vs Harden

Bombers
Sheets wants about $12 million per year! That's laughable, coming off not pitching at all last year, and the fact that he's had injuries in the past. Anyone willing to give him $12 million is insane....Ed Wade, Lousiana is close to Houston......gonna come up with that cash?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheets says he wants the same amount he got in 2008. 12mil. Hello?? This just goes to show how disconnected some people are from reality. Does Sheets not know that the economy is in the tank? He'll be lucky to find someone to give him half that.

Harden got 7.5 and I thought that was a stretch, considering he got pulled out of games in the fourth inning due to high pitch counts. No way Sheets gets more than that.

Yeah, it's not even that the economy is in the tank, it's the fact that he hasn't pitched in a year-plus and has a history of missing sizable chunks of time.

He's best taking a one year incentive-laden for significantly less and then earning that last huge paycheck. Even if that is the case, I don't see him back with the Brewers (but would hate to see him in Cubbie blue or Cardinal red).

The hilarious thing with Sheets is supposedly he's refusing to do any throwing sessions for anyone. To have that position and still demand what he was paid two years ago seems laughable to me.

I know... it's hard to take that seriously, & I doubt teams are. The way I read that from Sheets is that he's saying he's going to be fully ready for the season, but physically isn't capable of pitching as of now. Might as well use the Winter Meetings to get in touch with as many suitors as possible.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'd love to see a creative deal with some of these injury riddled guys where it is a base salary of say $100,000 guaranteed, then incentives for how many months you're active, how many innings you pitch, etc. Heck, $5 per pitch thrown wouldn't be bad for some of these guys!

If the Brewers signed Duch, I would buy season tickets immediately. I am only hesitating currently because of finances but I'll find extra money if he gets Duch because I truly think that's the arm that gets us to the playoffs. I think Wolf is an upgrade from Looper, I think the Bullpen looks better with Hawkins.. but Duch would be the final piece to really nail this down. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Rp

Could have just been visiting friends or something. I wouldn't put much stock in that. Some guy on the JSOnline board is always claiming he ran into Sheets down in Louisiana after last season, and Sheets basically told him "There's no way in hell I'll come back to the Brewers."
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think these pitchers are exactly what the Brewers are waiting for. They want the asking price of these players to drop with time so they can hopefully scoop one of them up (with Mulder now added into this list making it five). I'm not sure about Bedard because the brewers probably wouldn't want 3 lefties in their rotation. Personally I want to see Parra on the opening day staff also

I'm not really sure that Sheets is on anyone's radar at this point. His agent's approach at the winter meetings was questionable. I think once Benny can prove he's healthy, the offers will be there. He'd improve any team's pitching staff.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm not really sure that Sheets is on anyone's radar at this point. His agent's approach at the winter meetings was questionable. I think once Benny can prove he's healthy, the offers will be there. He'd improve any team's pitching staff.

The approach used signials he isn't healthy.

Per Rotoworld...

ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reports that free agent starter Justin Duchscherer is planning to sign with a new team within a week.

The Yankees, Red Sox, Diamondbacks and Pirates have been linked to "The Duke of Hurl" this winter.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

If they are going to do something, they'd better do it soon. The more guys come off the list I think the more expensive it will cost to get someone like Sheets or Bedard. I think DM and Mark A. need to open up the wallet and spend a little more than they intended to this year because Prince is likely gone after this season and it may be a bit of rebuilding after this season.

Archived