Brewer Fanatic

Hot Stove on WSSP / Audio from ESPN Milwaukee

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some bottom feeding team will sign Looper in the $4-5 million range and hope he pitches a little better than he did with the Brewers. The Orioles have a lot of young arms; I could them making an offer just to be a warm body so they don't pitch the kids' arms off.

I took a look at the Bill James 2010 zips projections and it projects Looper to be the 32nd best free agent starting pitcher. Yikes...even Sidney Ponson rated higher.

Interestingly enough, Rich Harden was rated 3rd. That being said, the Mariners and Red Sox are pursuing him hard, according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports. I think Harden to Milwaukee is going to cost more than the Brewers are willing to spend.

www.fantasyrundown.com

CV was the closer at the start of the season, and did not go into the rotation until they ran out of options.
CV saved one game while Hoffman was out but blew two others (and a third in the 8th inning the day Hoffman returned). By the time Hoffman was ready Coffey had more saves in April than CV.

Kind of wish Melvin would have waited before signing Zaun. KC non-tendered Miguel Olivo. Don't know how good his defense is but his OPS was .782 and he's only 31. The Zaun signing I think means that you can pencil ink Lucroy as being the starting catcher in 2011.

And I think that's probably why Melvin didn't wait for Olivo. Olivo likely would have cost more than the ~$2M Zaun got, and of course Melvin is pinching pennies right now to keep room for that big SP addition.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 1 month later...
Doug wanted more OBP than Olivo could offer, in my opinion. I think there's a reason we never heard the Crew mentioned for any C's...Doug went after the best OBP guy available, and may well have turned to trade otherwise (talks with PIT about Doumit).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived