Brewer Fanatic

2008 playoff seating arrangements question..

PrinceFielderx1
I'm thinking about getting 2-20 game packages for 2010. I had a 9 pack in 2008 and when I was able to buy playoff tickets the only available seats were in upper deck. How do they determine where fans will sit in the playoffs? If I were to get 20 game fans choice package will I be able to get better seats? Does my regular season seating location affect my playoff seats? Any info would be awesome. Thanks.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I had a 9 pack in Section 222 in '08 and I was able to get 200 level LF Bleachers.

At first I thought it had to do with timing, as before I logged in to order my tickets, many said that all that was left was 400 level tickets. Then, When I logged in there were some 200 level tickets.

Where was you 9 pack located?

Also I was originally told I could only buy as many playoff tickets as I had packages, but I was still allowed to buy multiple playoff tickets.

For a start, I admire the optimism in PrinceFielderx1's lead post. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

How to answer your question (how the Brewers determine where fans will sit in the playoffs)...I'm not sure. I can describe our experience in 2008. We had two 20-packs: one a fan's choice in the terrace box, and one a Sunday Plus in the loge infield. The Brewers offered us two pairs of tickets in August, neither in our regular seats but in a different section on the same level (i.e. one pair in another terrace box and one pair farther from home in the loge). We sat in the loge seats and sold the TB seats to some posters here, but both locations were nice.

Here's a thread from 2008 where some season ticket holding customers reported their postseason locations vs. regular season locations. Seniority seemed to make a difference - many first-time 20 pack customers were moved to terrace reserved.

What was available to 9-pack customers depended on what was unclaimed by full season and 20-pack customers. During the week between the wild card clinch and the NLDS, we also got emails from the Brewers offering us the opportunity to buy additional tickets. My S.O. used the offer to buy tickets for his brother's family. I think those were in the loge. I don't remember if the number of tickets we could order through that offer were limited. I remember being surprised that tickets were remaining at all. Maybe this is how diener34 got his loge bleachers seats for the NLDS?

For what it's worth, the 2009 season seat holder handbook said that in case of a 2009 postseason appearance, 20-pack customers should expect to be placed in the terrace.

Other relevant threads from fall 2008:

Do 9 pack holders get playoff tickets?

Last minute tickets (related to the tickets that were released during the week of September 29)

Hope that helps. I imagine the Brewers' plan varies from year to year, because the size of the season ticket customer base varies as well.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I had a full-season package in the terrace reserved, and I had the exact same seats for the playoffs. When additional tickets were released, I was able to purchase 4 seats in section 121 (Saturday) and 19ish (Sunday) and sold my terrace reserved seats. It seemed that many people were not happy with the seats they were originally offered, but then many of us upgraded or helped out friends with the additional seats were released.

Friends with a 20-pack in loge (1st year) were offered terrace reserved seats pretty far in the outfield.

I'd also mention that the additional seats were offered at a very reasonable price. I believe my field level seats were $50-$60 each.

Archived