Brewer Fanatic

2010 Brewers Lineup

chickinbrickin

I am sure this isn't the first time someone has tried to give their two cents to what they think the line up should be, but I am bored and wanted to get some other peoples opinions.

Batting Order:

How I think it will start out

1. Weeks 2B

2. Hart OF

3. Braun OF

4. Fielder 1B

5. McGehee/Gamel 3B

6. Lucroy C

7. Gomez CF

8. Escobar SS

9. Pitcher

What I would like to see my mid season

1. Escobar

2. Weeks

3. Braun

4. Fielder

5. McGehee/Gamel

6. Lucroy

7. Hart

8. Gomez

I think Escobar can be a great lead off guy for the Crew. In his time up this past year he showed me two main things, he can hit .300 and has speed. He needs to draw some more walks but that will come along with some more power. I like Weeks in the two hole because he will get on base one way or another and has some good pop. If the 1 and 2 hitters can consistently get on the Brewers will score a lot of runs.

As far a McGehee goes I could see him getting traded for pitching. I don't think he is for real and I would like to see him traded while he has some value. On the flip side I don't like Gamel's defense either; so i don't really know who will end up playing 3B. I am sure it will be a platoon based on the pitching matchup.

I like Lucroy a lot he has a great approach at the plate and will extend a lot of innings by getting on base and will offer some power as well.

Hart needs to be traded as well. We have depth at out field in the organization and I have never really been very high on him. If he stays I think he and Gomez round out the order nicely. A little power and speed at the bottom can't hurt.

Pitching:

SP- Gallardo

SP- Bush

SP- Suppan

SP- Parra

SP- Rivas

The Crew has to pursue at free agent SP. Not a warm body that will post a mid 5.00 ERA, but a solid SP to follow Yovani. I hate Bush, Suppan, and Parra is a head case that has some potential; so in my mind only one spot is locked and that is Gallardo. I would like to see Amaury Rivas get a chance to make the rotation. He is the most major league ready pitching prospect we have outside of Parra. It would be nice to see a Mark Rogers sighting this year as well. That probably won't happen, but he pitched well last year in the minors and is finally healthy. It is depressing that the Brewers don't have many pitching options in the Minors. They do have a ton of good pitching prospects, but none that are even close to being ready.

Archived