Brewer Fanatic

How can I laminate without laminating

InsomniacInkRoss

At one of my jobs, every week or so there is a need to laminate about 80-120 5.5x8.5 pieces of paper. This can be time consuming using a sheet by sheet laminater.

The only real need is that these pieces of paper don't bleed ink if they get wet or more likely, damp. So, the question is if their is a better way to do this? Something you can spray on top of the paper? A different (non-expensive) kind of paper? Open to all thoughts.

Working with children, we laminate everything. My current company has a laminater and it`s awesome, but costs $900. Before, when I worked for an organization with less money for supplies, I used clear packing tape, but it takes time. Our machine does three sheets across and could do 120 sheets in well under 10 min.

Do the signs get placed in the same location each week (i.e. over a special display cooler) or do they go to various different points of sale?

If the signs go in the same spot, there are hard plastic (think acrylic picture frame) sign sleeves that can be hung anywhere and all you have to do is slide the paper/sign into a slot. No laminate or special paper needed and these things are permanent and durable. We use these in my store, but not because of the wetness factor, it's more for aesthetic value of not having scotch tape remnants on the walls.

However, I'm guessing these signs have to be moved around to whatever product it is being promoted.

Something like this:

http://www.wallpocketcompany.com/plexipocket-acrylic-wall-sign-holder.jpg

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not to sound too critical of some of the suggestions posted here, but I think IIR's original post was looking for an alternate quicker way to "laminate". Seems to me like individually taping each item would not save a whole lot of time.

The varnish coat or plastic sleeves seam like possible solutions.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The Krylon stuff sounds pretty good, might be exactly what I need. Is there a strong odor?

We have a 60" lamination machine as well, but it takes forever to warm up, warps smaller jobs, and its cumbersome to cut 5.5x8.5 slices out of.

I like the sleeve idea, but, we don't have control of where they are mounted, and would have to get the retailer on board, which is unlikely to happen. Better to just give them a final product.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived