Brewer Fanatic

Brewers want to lock up Fielder long-term

sargennm
I would love to see the Brewers lock Prince up long term. Will it happen? Not quite sure yet. I do think it looks better than it did 1 year ago. If the Brewers were looking to make a trade with Prince, if an extension can't be worked out then i would look for a deal with the Dodgers. I would allow them to work out an extension with Fielder first and pick a prospect at AA. Next I would ask for C. Kershaw, J. Loney and R. Martin. After that I say .. if they agree is done deal. Oh and thank you...very much!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind trading Prince to a team like the Red Sox who are looking for a DH with Ortiz going in the tank for Buccholz and other prospects. I think Gamel could end up being a serviceable 1B. I don't see the Brewers having much of a chance to lock Prince up long term after his monster season. I'd either trade him or wait another year and see if his value is still sky high.

I think the Red Sox are the obvious partner for us. I've read several ideas that include Buchholz, and while I think that's a good place to start, I'd prefer to start with Kelly as the main player coming back.

We were offered a package of lets say Kelly+Buchholz+Bard+Anderson and we gave them back perhaps a Corey Hart and an Angel Salome, who would say no first? My guess is that perhaps Bard needs to be swapped out for a lesser prospet, perhaps the kid they have from Japan, but I'm not sure.

I do think we need another guy with big time potential that we can possibly move into the cleanup slot and play 1st base in the future. Obviously it appears as though Lars is a couple years away(at least a year and a half), but we need to get that player into our system, something that we currently lack....unless anyone wants to move Lawrie over there now? Only half serious as I believe he's more than capable of becoming a average to good 2nd basemen from watching him play.

Or perhaps you offer up Gamel/McGehee and Prince and you hope they're salivating enough at the prospect of adding Prince Fielder to that team that they'll give you Bard, Kelly, Buchholz and Lars?

For arguments sake you could have Youk play 3rd, Prince DH, Gamel play 1st. Just a thought......

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived