Brewer Fanatic

Lincecum wins NL Cy Young

jjkoestler

Party in Tim's car.

He deserved it. He is the best pitcher in the league regardless of his class level. I guess for Card fans he should have drank more and smoked less then he would have been classy enough to have earned it. Really I can't disagree. The truly classy move is to have a tumbler or two of Scotch with a glass of wine as a chaser then drive. Smoking a joint while driving really is low rent. Certainly not worthy of such a high honor.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

True classy baseball players get high and die in their hotel rooms
Wow, that's brutal. I hate the Cardinals as much as anybody, but everything that I've read is that Kile died from a heart issue, not the small amount of weed that was in his system.

I will say that whatever Lincecum is smoking seems to be working well for him. The guy is dominant. The only question is that if he can last for the long term considering that he's such a small dude. He reminds me a lot of a right handed Ron Guidry with a nasty curve instead of a slider.

I don't think anyone's noted this here yet, but Lincecum is actually the second pitcher ever to win the CY without also getting the largest tally of first-place votes.

11-12-9 ... Lincecum (100 TP)

9-14-7 ... Carpenter (94 TP)

12-5-15 ... Wainwright (90 TP)

Wainwright became only the second pitcher to garner the most first-place votes and not win the award. In 1998, Atlanta's Tom Glavine collected 11 first-place votes to 13 for San Diego's Trevor Hoffman but amassed the most points, 98-88, and took home the trophy.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Congrats to the best pitcher in mlb, man is he fun to watch.

Pretty sure Halladay didn't win anything? Oh you mean the best pitcher in the NL who pitches in a huge pitchers park and faces the weakest offenses in baseball.

True classy baseball players get high and die in their hotel rooms

Too far, I expected better.

Pretty sure Halladay didn't win anything? Oh you mean the best pitcher in the NL who pitches in a huge pitchers park and faces the weakest offenses in baseball.

I don't think the Rockies and Dodgers offenses are the weakest in the league.

Lincecum had the lowest ERA and FIP among the big 3. The guy averaged over 10Ks per 9! All 3 had great years but I think they got the right guy. Had Wainwright gotten more run support during his last start, they would not have.

Ender, what park facors are you looking at? And how did you determine that he faced weak offenses on average? BP have that? LA, COL, SD and ARI collectively averaged 4.5 runs/game, so nothing jumps out at me in that respect. I'd have to look on a start by start basis to get a good number for Linc, though.

Had Wainwright gotten more run support during his last start, they would not have.

Didn't they get him 6 runs? The bullpen blew that game.

If they got him 15, he get's the Cy Young. The point is that whether or not Wainwright got the Cy Young was decided on something that had nothing to do with him. That's ironic.

Considering St. Louis is blaming Keith Law and Will Carrol for this, I doubt the one win would have made a difference.

I know you guys will be shocked by this but Cardinals fans and media are having a conniption fit over the vote. The entire sports page today was dedicated to Wainright and Carpenter not winning. It was topped by the single dumbest column I have ever read - and that is saying something.

Literally the headline on the story: Why don't wins count anymore?

Archived