Brewer Fanatic

More MP changes: Parking lots to be renamed, terrace level Fan Zone to be remodeled, more.

hawing

Well, I still think they can acceptably call 2010 the "40th anniversary season", in that forty years ago will have been the first season of the current iteration of the Milwaukee Brewers.

I've seen the word "anniversary" misused pretty often. I remember the NFL got some flack when they branded Super Bowl XL as the 40th anniversary of the first Super Bowl. Actually, the 40th anniversary was the next year. So, 2010 is definitely the 40th anniversary of the 1970 season.

I think the parking lot names should reflect the relative abilities of the guys taking the cash and making change as you enter: Slow, Slower and Slowest.

For some reason, they all seem to want to engage in conversation instead of taking your cash and making change quickly if needed and getting you into the lot.

I'll admit, I appreciate it when "our" parking lot guy (Lee Roy, long of the Giants/Molitor lot) stops us to ask what our MPG was on each trip to Miller Park. (We have a Prius and one day in 2008, out of the blue, he asked us how we liked it.) It makes me feel that much more welcome. To Lee Roy's credit, he doesn't chat much when there's a line; but we usually arrive early enough to allow a moment.

As for franchise milestones, if the Brewers are calling 2010 the "40th anniversary season," that seems reasonable. The "40th season" was 2009 (since the first season in Milwaukee was 1970).

My 25th anniversary sweatshirt is dated 1994, which is consistent with labeling 2010 as the 40th anniversary.

Finally, I think the 2010 Seattle series would be a fine time for some Pilots action. We could wear the Pilots caps we got at Safeco Field in 2006. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My experience in that lot has not been too bad, but I can tell you I'm in no mood for small talk when I turn off of National Avenue on to MPW at 6:35 and the parking attendant (Mets/Dodgers) is taking my money at 7:10 in the middle of the first wanting to engage me in small talk after having done the same to the couple hundred cars in front of me. I don't need to feel welcomed. I paid to see the game and I want to get in the park and see it. Some of us don't have the option of arriving an hour and a half before the game.

Does anyone know if the scoreboard is going to be replaced after 2010? It isn't County Stadium-bad, but it is definitely in need of an upgrade.
In October, our ticket rep thought 2011, but he was not speaking in any official capacity.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived