Brewer Fanatic

Brewers in MVP Race

TheFyl
Where do you think your favorite Brewers will end up in the MVP Voting? I'd imagine Prince getting 2nd personally. And Braun placing as high as 3rd or low as 6th. Of course I am forgetting about all the other NL teams in the league. I'd imagine Pujols getting first (duh) but where do you think we could end up?

I doubt Prince will finish 2nd, even though he deserves it.

Hanley Ramirez, Howard or Utley will.

I really doubt Braun finishes top 6.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I doubt Prince will finish 2nd, even though he deserves it.

Hanley Ramirez, Howard or Utley will.

I really doubt Braun finishes top 6.

Why would Braun not be able to be in top 6 when he was 3rd last year and put up better numbers this year? I think it goes Pujols, Prince, Ramirez, one of the Phillies guys and then Braun.

Because they didn't finish over .500?

Last year they won the wild card and 90 games.

Tulowitzki will finish ahead of Braun in the voting. I wouldn't be surprised if Lincecum does as well. Heck, maybe even Matt Kemp.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tulowitzki will finish ahead of Braun in the voting.

Just because the Rockies made the playoffs, doesn't mean Tulo will be higher in the voting. Braun is higher than or equal to him in every major category.

Yeah, and Gold Gloves are based on defense...

Fielder will probably finish 3rd or 4th which is about where he should be. Ramirez and Utley should both finish over him.

I'm not so sure about Utley. Fielder deserves 3rd, behind Pujols and Ramirez. I'd have Utley and Howard at 4 and 5 in either order. Fielder gets the edge on Howard on the basis of a significant difference in walks and strikeouts. I'd have Braun 6th.

Rounding out the top 10 (in no particlular order): D. Lee, Sandoval, Helton, and either Zimmerman or Kemp.

This is the year Grienke won Cy Young. maybe the award will go to the most deserving player? Meaning Albert, but Prince will have a few odd first place votes and many 2nd place votes. Prince gets 2nd, I'm sure of it. He's the king, I mean he's the Prince

Take it for what it is worth, but Keith Law's ballot looked like this.... He values defense and the position you play quite highly.

NL MVP

1. Albert Pujols

2. Chase Utley

3. Hanley Ramirez

4. Troy Tulowitzki

5. Tim Lincecum

6. Adrian Gonzalez

7. Ryan Zimmerman

8. Ryan Braun

9. Pablo Sandoval

10. Prince Fielder

Utley plays gold glove caliber defense, that pretty much puts him over Fielder who improved but is still average at best. Zimmerman should certainly be up there in the top 5 or 6. Law's ballot looks pretty decent though I think he has Fielder too low.

I thought the MVP's were announced next Monday and Tuesday?

Anyway, I'll be shocked if Ryan Howard doesn't come in 2nd. For some reason he seems to get much of the credit for the Phillies being good while the media ignores the far superior player playing right next to him on the diamond. The same thing was happening on Minnesota until this year, when Mauer had a season too good for people to ignore. Utley really should be the Phillie with an MVP, not Howard or Rollins.

Could they drag it out any further? The baseball award season feels like the NBA playoffs. Just announce them already.
The more they drag it out, the more at least some casual fans think about MLB. I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, either.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't see why Hanley would get 2nd and Prince 3rd when Prince beat him in the majority of offensive categories. other than AVE and SB's. either way, both teams, the marlins and the brewers would be lost without either player. Should be an interesting ballot, I just wish Pujols didn't already win it

Hanley plays SS. The offensive requirements for a SS are massively smaller than for a 1B. 120+ points of OPS difference. If they are even close on offense, Hanley should easily get the nod over Fielder.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Pujols plays first base, and that isn't stopping him from winning MVP. In fact, from all of the highlight plays I saw from Fielder I'd say he's better defensively than Pujols.

That being said, those who will give preference for the Phillies will split their votes between Howard and Utley, which I think will drop Utley. In fact, when you throw in Ibanez, I wonder how much that will dilute the totals for all of the Phillies. Same thing will happen with Fielder and Braun, but Fielder is still so good that he won't drop below #4.

1) Pujols

2) Ramirez

3) Howard

4) Fielder

5) Utley

6) A. Gonzalez

7) Tulowitzki

8) D. Lee

9) Lincecum

10) Braun

Too many good hitters for Lincecum to make much of a dent; the recent marijuana issue I think will hurt his voting, regardless of whether it should. I think #1-5 are safe; beyond that a number of guys could end up there - Zimmerman, Kemp, Eithier, Ibanez, Upton, Sandoval all could sneak in there. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hoffman get a number of votes.

LouisEly[/b]]Too many good hitters for Lincecum to make much of a dent; the recent marijuana issue I think will hurt his voting, regardless of whether it should. I think #1-5 are safe; beyond that a number of guys could end up there - Zimmerman, Kemp, Eithier, Ibanez, Upton, Sandoval all could sneak in there. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hoffman get a number of votes.
If I'm not mistaken, the vote for MVP, Cy Young, etc. is done at the end of the season, before the playoffs start. So, Lincecum's marijuana issue should not be a factor.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived