Brewer Fanatic

Pancakes In Madison

sbrylski

Doesn't everybody swear by "The Original Pancake House"? Seems like I always hear about that place, but I've never been there.

I believe they have 2 locations in the Madison area, one on University Avenue towards Middleton about 1/2 mile past the Whitney Way/University intersection. The other one is in Monona in a strip mall you can see from the Beltline. These locations don't really fall into your Mifflin location, but both are a short drive.

I think these are related to the historic location that once sat near Hilldale.

Funny, I had no idea this was a national chain. I always figured it was something unique to Madison.

Link

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Some Metro routes will get you to the west side Original Pancake House, so you have an option even if you're carless. I'd call it worth the effort.

Otherwise...close to your neighborhood? I don't know. Walk to Mickie's? At least you can take the bike/ped path there, though if you went Saturday morning, you'd do battle with football traffic.

Now I'm hungry for OPH.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I agree with Mickie's being awesome. I literally watched a high school boy barely finish half of his two huge pancakes there. I thought it was hilarious. The scrambler as mentioned before is what I always get - hash browns, eggs, choice of meat, gravy, and I'm probably missing something..... but it's nice and big..... plus since it's a dairy bar you can get a milk shake or root beer float with breakfast

Archived