Brewer Fanatic

Reclamation Projects

recte44
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah, according to reports it seems like a forgone conclusion that Mulder will sign with the Brewers by spring training at the latest. It will probably be a minor league deal with some incentives, etc. He won't be ready to pitch in MLB by Opening Day or anything.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Betting if the crew don't get another inng eater (Washburn, Davis, Garland). Todd Wellmeyer will get a couple million thrown his way.
As long as it's not from the Brewers, I'm fine with that -- even better if it's from another NL Central team.

I know what you meant. I just can't stand that thought. There are better arms to be had via trade without giving up as much. I'd much rather see Bush or Parra toeing the rubber. Might be a push vs. Suppan.

Wellemeyer is kind of interesting. He pitched 64 good innings in 2007, 194 good innings in 2008 and 122 very bad innings for the Cardinals in 2009. Going from 64 to 194 innings in one year must be hard on the arm. Of course one could argue that that was the reason for a poor 2009. The question is whether or not the arm and psyche respond positively in 2010. A cheap contract of $2-$3 Million might be worth an attempt to answer the question. I am luke warm about him because he walks too many guys.

Archived