Brewer Fanatic

NL Gold Gloves

jjkoestler

The NL Gold Glove awards have been announced. I'm surprised that O-Dog won at 2B, but the rest seem pretty reasonable. Does anyone see any snubs? Stats guys... How does Cam stack-up against the OF winners?

C - Yadier Molina

1B - Adrian Gonzalez

2B - Orlando Hudson

3B - Ryan Zimmerman

SS - Jimmy Rollins

OF - Shane Victorino

OF - Michael Bourn

OF - Matt Kemp

P - Adam Wainwright

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I think the most blatant snubs are Orlando Hudson over Chase Utley and Shane Victorino/Matt Kemp over Mike Cameron/Colby Rasmus/Nyjer Morgan. Morgan I can understand, as he missed a quarter of the season, and Rasmus is a rookie. It's Cameron that is the most confusing...If you just watch the highlights you don't see a ton of Mike Cameron (save for his several HR robs), but watching him day in and day out, he just seems to read the ball phenomenally well. I wonder what the relationship is between number of appearances on BBTN's Web Gems and gold gloves...

Yeah, Orlando Hudson didn't even hold the regular job in LA for the whole season.

Not saying Torre was correct in playing Belliard over him, but there's no way Hudson was as valuable on D as someone that played fulltime (like Utley, say)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah, clearly Escobar should've won the GG at SS. He only played, what, 20 games there?

Palmiero won a GG at 1B one year when he only played 28 games in the field. Gold Gloves are still a joke, sadly.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think what hurts Utley is that he doesn't make any really flashy plays that make Sportcenter. Also, he made a couple of nationally televised defensive mistakes early in the playoffs.

That shouldn't matter as the voting is done before the playoffs.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I know he has been hurt a lot and plays in Cincinnati but I always thought Brandon Phillips should be a lock for 2B gold glove if they're judged based on flashy plays and semi dangerous hitting.

I was also surprised by Rollins who didn't really have a good year, especially when Tulowitzski is probably a better defender anyway

Archived