Brewer Fanatic

New Batters Eye

sgtcluels
The ivy has been removed and the batters' eye in CF will be black for 2010, including installation of black mesh below the scoreboard. - Per Tyler Barnes. Now we just have to do a sun god dance to convince it to not glare against the glass and Braun will be happy.

I kind of liked the ivy. That's too bad. I wonder if they got rid of it because of (a) not good enough growing, (2) Decided they didn't want to be like the Cubs, (3) Grounds crew didn't want to do any extra watering anymore, or (4) the roots and vines were beginning to cause structural damage to the stadium.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I guess, while I never minded the ivy, I thought it looked kind of out of place. Miller Park is basically a tribute to the manufacturing and industrial history of Milwaukee from a design standpoint, and throwing some fake looking organic material on the outfield wall just seemed kind of weird to me.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I really liked the ivy and wish they would have added more brickwork and plant life around the interior of the ballpark. There is a lot of steel and concrete already, and I personally think brick and ivy could add more warmth to the place. Anyway, what I really want is for the Brewers to get rid of the olive-colored paint and go with a more livelier shade of green.

I always liked the brickwork idea...I suppose if they had done something like that, I could have lived with the ivy more. I guess my point was that the ivy by itself just seemed kind of out of place.

I definitely agree that the green paint could be livened up a bit. I would guess they're not exactly eager to re-paint a building that is less than 10 years old, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

During last summer's Ryan Braun whine, it was said that the ivy was a poor background. I'd surmise that that was the reason it was removed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It is pretty funny how the daytime hitting conditions only effected our players and not the other teams.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived