Brewer Fanatic

Any use whatsoever for Overbay

It just looks like it'd be a supreme buy-low opportunity. Problem is obviously, where does he play? Before we traded him when Prince was on his way up, there was talk of making him our starting corner outfielder. Can he play there? If Toronto really was willing to get involved in a Bradley type trade and give up Overbay, maybe we can pawn off Suppan for Lyle. I doubt it's a fit, but it'd be nice to have his bat on the bench or as an option in the outfield if he could play there, especially if we could rid ourselves of Jeffrey.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

maybe we can pawn off Suppan for Lyle.

Wow! I haven't followed Overbay for a couple years, so I figured for this statement, he must have really dropped off the map. But he hasn't. Still a high OBP 1B hitting 800 OPS.

If we made a blockbuster trade with Fielder, then yes. But Toronto would be a fool to take Suppan for O. Now if it were Dave Bush...

Archived