Brewer Fanatic

Jermaine Dye's option bought out by the White Sox

nate82

I'd like to sign Dye, and insert him in the 5 hole, but I'm not so sure he could handle playing in the OF everyday anymore. I know Melvin was interested in him before he signed w/ the White Sox a few years ago though.

What makes you so sure he will sign w/ the Braves, or that Javier Vazquez is even available?

I'd like to sign Dye, and insert him in the 5 hole, but I'm not so sure he could handle playing in the OF everyday anymore.

I think Dye is stuck in the AL, likely as a DH to finish his career. I doubt this means much to the Braves, or the Brewers for that matter.

What makes you so sure he will sign w/ the Braves, or that Javier Vazquez is even available?
Recent rumors that have included Vazquez and Lowe being the odd men out in Atlanta. The Braves want a RH corner OF/1B/3B power hitter. Dye, Hart, and McGehee (to a point) fit that description. I believe the Braves were rumored in looking to trade for Dye during the trading deadline also so there is interest there.

I wouldn't mind the Brewers signing Dye but the money spent on Dye should really be spent on pitching either through FA or through a trade. Vazquez and Lowe (Kawakami is also available) would fit perfectly in Milwaukee Vazquez more so than Lowe and Kawakami though. I don't think the Braves will be able to trade Lowe away and Vazquez or Kawakami will be the odd man out.

Archived