Brewer Fanatic

Pot found in Tim Lincecum's car

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only real problem I see with it is that he was driving while smoking.

Where did it say he was smoking while he was driving?

FTA:

An officer approached Lincecum's 2006 Mercedes and smelled marijuana as the pitcher rolled down his window.

I'm more upset that Lincecum was driving a 2006 vehicle...boy the economy must really be bad when multi-millionaires have to drive 4-year old vehicles!

23.20 REGULATIONS CONCERNING MARIJUANA AND CANNABIS.

(1) Purpose . The people of Madison specifically determine that the regulations herein contained concerning marijuana and cannabis are necessary to serve the ethical purpose of providing just and equitable legal treatment of the citizens of this community and to preserve the respect of such citizens for law, its process, and its administration.

(2) Definitions . In this section:

Cannabis . The resin extracted from any part of the plant Cannabis Sativa L., or any other nonfibrous extract from any part of the plant containing delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.

Casually possess . The possession of not more than twenty-eight (28) grams of cannabis, or one hundred and twelve (112) grams of marijuana.

Marijuana . All parts of the plant Cannabis Sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds. It does not include cannabis or any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

Practitioner .

1. A physician, dentist, veterinarian, podiatrist, scientific investigator, or other person licensed, registered, or otherwise permitted to distribute, dispense, conduct research with respect to or administer a controlled substance in the course of professional practice or research in this state.

2. A pharmacy, hospital, or other institution licensed, registered, or otherwise permitted to distribute, dispense, conduct research with respect to, or administer a controlled substance in the course of professional practice or research in this state.

Public place . A place which is in public ownership or a place to which the public has access; distinguished from a private place.

(3) A person may casually possess marijuana or cannabis in a private place. Such casual possession is not a crime and is not subject to forfeiture.

(4) No person shall casually possess marijuana or cannabis in a public place unless such marijuana or cannabis was obtained directly from or pursuant to a valid prescription or order of a practitioner while acting in the course of her, his, or its professional practice.

(5) A violation of Subsection (4) of this ordinance shall be subject to a forfeiture of up to one hundred dollars ($100). (Am. by Ord. 9244, 8-14-87)

(6) A violation of this ordinance is not a crime and shall not subject a person found in violation thereof to loss of civil rights or to other disabilities imposed upon a person convicted of a crime. No entry or other record may be made which indicates that a person alleged or found to have violated this ordinance has been arrested for, charged with, prosecuted for, or convicted of a crime.

(7) Separability Clause . If any subsection, sentence, clause, phrase, or portion of this ordinance is for any reason held invalid or unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, such portion shall be deemed a separate, distinct, and independent provision, and such holding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions hereof.

(Section 23.20 Cr. by Ord. 5833, 4-18-77)

--The rest of Wisconsin might be a little crazy but at least Madison has it half right.

If pot were legal I would lose half of my criminal defense clients and have to go into something really scary, like divorce and child custody. If got caught one more time in Wisconsin he would be looking at prison time and a felony. No wonder we have 3x more people in prison than Minnesota does.
Let me get this straight, get caught with pot twice, and you get thrown in prison?

Holy Crap! What is this, a muslim country or something?

2 times caught possessing pot = Class I Felony, Max sentence = 1.5 years in prison, 2 years parole. 2 times drunk driving = Misdemeanor, most likely 5 days jail, at the most, unless you hit someone. Reality is that with 2 pot convictions you would get a probation sentence, but prison is knocking on the door. At least in my county.

RyDogg, you are failing to take into account municipal ordinance violations of Possession of THC. I'm aware of police departments that charge all possession of THC offenses as ordinance violations and the DA's office never sees them. That also includes repeat offenders.

In regards to the prescription card, would you go and get a sodomy card if the government issued them in special circumstances, only to be labeled a sodomizer? I find it best to claim the right found...umm...nowhere in my Constitution. My right to privacy.

2 times caught possessing pot = Class I Felony, Max sentence = 1.5 years in prison, 2 years parole. 2 times drunk driving = Misdemeanor, most likely 5 days jail, at the most, unless you hit someone. Reality is that with 2 pot convictions you would get a probation sentence, but prison is knocking on the door. At least in my county.

RyDogg, you are failing to take into account municipal ordinance violations of Possession of THC. I'm aware of police departments that charge all possession of THC offenses as ordinance violations and the DA's office never sees them. That also includes repeat offenders.

I know cops/sheriff deputies, that actually will dispose of the pot on the side of the road and not even write you a municipal ticket for it. However, not all people are treated equally (surprise, surprise). There are some disturbing trends as to who gets a ticket (young UW-Oshkosh co-ed?) and who gets charged with a misdemeanor, then a felony. It isnt automatic that one ever gets a ticket for THC.

Listen, if Tim is going to carry a nugget for personal use around in his car, more power to him.

I think it is pretty short sighted of him not to have a medicinal card... vertigo, stress, loss of appetite, insomnia... whatever. A "specially referred" doctor in CA cannot refuse a patient a cannabis (and therefore access to 40 - 50 Bay Area pot clubs) prescription. This would have placated / assuaged the cop and it wouldn't be a story.

Now I came here though to get a comparison to Jeffress. Why is it that he is one doobie away from life as an insurance salesman or taco truck driver or Indie League player, while Timmy L will report to Spring Training as a candidate for Cy Young?

50 and 100 game suspensions? Why would the policy in the minors be SO different from the law of the majors?

Its due to that evil, EVIL!!!, union. MLBPA would have a say on any testing and owners are unwilling to give up something to get something they really don't care about. In the minors MLB can do whatever it likes and so it passes down PR statements as rules.

If pot were legal I would lose half of my criminal defense clients and have to go into something really scary, like divorce and child custody. If got caught one more time in Wisconsin he would be looking at prison time and a felony. No wonder we have 3x more people in prison than Minnesota does.
And yet you have to do a ridiculous amount of DWIs before you get jail time in Wisconsin. What's wrong with this picture?

The only real problem I see with it is that he was driving while smoking.

Where did it say he was smoking while he was driving?

FTA:

An officer approached Lincecum's 2006 Mercedes and smelled marijuana as the pitcher rolled down his window.

*sniff* "I'm hungry and I don't know why!"

Archived