Brewer Fanatic

Pot found in Tim Lincecum's car

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get caught with some pot twice, go to prison, but feel free to get caught driving completely drunk out of your mind over and over. Maybe by about the 10th time you'll go to prison.
No kidding. Talk about totally hypocritical laws. Drunk driving is so much worse than someone possessing weed, even if they're driving. This is totally, completely, monumentally INSANE!

Get caught with some pot twice, go to prison, but feel free to get caught driving completely drunk out of your mind over and over. Maybe by about the 10th time you'll go to prison.
Not necessarily true. A friend of mine got 2 DUI's and is currently serving 40+ days in prison for it. Not to mention the absolutely enormous fines he had to pay.

If you get caught with pot twice in WI, you *might* go to prison. It's a felony, but no one I ever convicted for a 2nd THC possession charge ever saw jail, let alone prision. Most also avoided the felony conviction.
You're a judge, vaccinator?

Thank god for that! And thank god for judicial discretion! If it's a second conviction, what does the THC charge get knocked down to?

It has long been rumored that MLB teams actually provide some players with pot while out on the road (or at home for that matter). They're much more comfortable with a player relaxing in his hotel room doing a little chiefing than going out, getting drunk, and causing a ruckus out on the town, where they could potentially get in a fight, DUI, etc etc., something that will be embarassing to the team (as well as the individual obviously). And for those surprised that Lincecum smokes...I took one look at the guy, and knew. People rarely have hairstyles and demeanors such as his without partaking in herbal remedies (may be just a stereotype but stereotypes are almost always completely true).

So if Jeffress has been suspended twice testing positive for pot, will Lincecum be suspended? Is it a banned substance in MLB? Or will this be one of those deals where he's not chosen for a random drug test for a couple years?

So if Jeffress has been suspended twice testing positive for pot, will Lincecum be suspended? Is it a banned substance in MLB? Or will this be one of those deals where he's not chosen for a random drug test for a couple years?
It isn't a banned substance, and I do not believe there will be any suspension forthcoming.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If pot were legal I would lose half of my criminal defense clients and have to go into something really scary, like divorce and child custody. If got caught one more time in Wisconsin he would be looking at prison time and a felony. No wonder we have 3x more people in prison than Minnesota does.
Let me get this straight, get caught with pot twice, and you get thrown in prison?

Holy Crap! What is this, a muslim country or something?

2 times caught possessing pot = Class I Felony, Max sentence = 1.5 years in prison, 2 years parole. 2 times drunk driving = Misdemeanor, most likely 5 days jail, at the most, unless you hit someone. Reality is that with 2 pot convictions you would get a probation sentence, but prison is knocking on the door. At least in my county.

How often are "random" test done in MLB? I was under the assumption that each player got tested at least 2 or 3 times a year. I'm assuming Lincecum didn't just start smoking pot. So, how has he passed the tests? How is he masking it? This is what bothers me a little. Not so much for pot, but it makes me wonder how many players have found ways to mask steroids.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It is banned in the minors, not the majors.

The only real problem I see with it is that he was driving while smoking.

Where did it say he was smoking while he was driving?

FTA:

An officer approached Lincecum's 2006 Mercedes and smelled marijuana as the pitcher rolled down his window.

2 times caught possessing pot = Class I Felony, Max sentence = 1.5 years in prison, 2 years parole. 2 times drunk driving = Misdemeanor, most likely 5 days jail, at the most, unless you hit someone. Reality is that with 2 pot convictions you would get a probation sentence, but prison is knocking on the door. At least in my county.

This is false. The 2nd time drunk driving you have mandatory jail time in WI (the laws have changed somewhat recently). In some cases the judge can reduce the jail time to a few days, and they can serve the rest of their time (about 44 days) on house arrest with a GPS anklet. But a friend of mine is currently serving all 44 days in Huber for his 2nd DUI. Neither were crazy over the legal limit, and for his first he was only 2 doors down from his house when he got pulled over.

Listen, if Tim is going to carry a nugget for personal use around in his car, more power to him.

I think it is pretty short sighted of him not to have a medicinal card... vertigo, stress, loss of appetite, insomnia... whatever. A "specially referred" doctor in CA cannot refuse a patient a cannabis (and therefore access to 40 - 50 Bay Area pot clubs) prescription. This would have placated / assuaged the cop and it wouldn't be a story.

Now I came here though to get a comparison to Jeffress. Why is it that he is one doobie away from life as an insurance salesman or taco truck driver or Indie League player, while Timmy L will report to Spring Training as a candidate for Cy Young?

50 and 100 game suspensions? Why would the policy in the minors be SO different from the law of the majors?

This is false. The 2nd time drunk driving you have mandatory jail time in WI (the laws have changed somewhat recently). In some cases the judge can reduce the jail time to a few days, and they can serve the rest of their time (about 44 days) on house arrest with a GPS anklet. But a friend of mine is currently serving all 44 days in Huber for his 2nd DUI. Neither were crazy over the legal limit, and for his first he was only 2 doors down from his house when he got pulled over.

I just had a client sentenced to 30 days jail for a third offense OWI and 20 days were stayed pending him finishing some classes. So 10 days jail for a third, plus "good time" and the guy is looking at a week in jail, with huber privileges.

An officer approached Lincecum's 2006 Mercedes and smelled marijuana as the pitcher rolled down his window.

It still doesn't say that Lincecum was smoking while driving. In fact the article states...

Lincecum did not appear to be impaired behind the wheel and is not being charged with a felony crime, Schatzel said.

FYI, if you have a little (3.3g) sack of sweet dank in your glove box (I assume Tim would only roll with the best), it will reek up the vehicle. My point is that no where in the story does it state the Lincecum was driving and smoking, and it was the poster that jumped to this conclusion.

sheethead wrote:

FYI, if you have a little (3.3g) sack of sweet dank in your glove box (I assume Tim would only roll with the best), it will reek up the vehicle. My point is that no where in the story does it state the Lincecum was driving and smoking, and it was the poster that jumped to this conclusion.

an excellent point! a "thumb sized" nugget in the dash console will perfume a closed car to high heaven.

depends on the cop, but i also want to posit here that cop here is an A's fan, or maybe he thought Webb got jobbed in 2008... but that 9 out of 10 times you seize the nugget and let the car go. with Tim, he wanted to make an example out of him and called it in.

Maybe the cop was singling him out for his small stature and unusual mechanics...

But really Timmy, if you don't have the smarts to do what it takes in a state where marijuana is legal for all intents and purposes, you deserve the consequences.

Archived