Brewer Fanatic

Pot found in Tim Lincecum's car

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, for whatever reason I don't find it that surprising, although I don't know him and have any basis for saying that, so no offense to Tim.

And let's not turn this into another debate on the legality and detriments/benefits of smoking marijuana.

I'm sure at least 1/3 of the US population has cheated on their SO, but that doesn't mean I'll look the other way when a high profile person does it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Is this true...a third of the U.S. population smokes pot? I guess I need to get out more...

Over 83 million Americans over the age of 12 have tried it.

I guess I took the original comment as one-third of the U.S. population regularly smokes pot, not that one-third has smoked pot at least once in their lives. That makes more sense.

The news source on this one is "Columbian.com". Ironic.

I'm not surprised that he smokes pot.

I am perplexed why he would be so blatant about it.

And I would hope that he loses endorsement deals over it.

I'm not going to lose respect for the guy because he's doing something a third of the U.S. population does.

Yea, it doesn't bother me(smoking is slowly getting more and more acceptable in our country). As for him getting a slap on the wrist, for that amount of weed(3.3 grams), unless you have a criminal record all you are going to get is a fine. It's a misdemeanor unless you have over 40 grams on you.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Community Moderator

He'll face some consequences for this but it is better than committing a more serious crime or taking steroids.

It will be interesting to see how the public/media reacts to this compared to the Michael Phelps case.

The only real problem I see with it is that he was driving while smoking. While many people will say it makes you more cautious and makes you drive slower, that must be a case-by-case basis since he was pulled over for speeding. In addition to speeding he was driving while impaired. This is almost equal to the LaRussa situation. It's not like Tim was passed out at the wheel.

Granted I agree that weed is nowhere near as dangerous as alcohol, but that's another discussion for another time and place.

I'd lose more respect for him if he just smoked cigarettes than pot. I mean at least you get some sort of tangible buzz from pot and you don't generally poison others while smoking it since you do it in privacy.

If pot were legal I would lose half of my criminal defense clients and have to go into something really scary, like divorce and child custody. If got caught one more time in Wisconsin he would be looking at prison time and a felony. No wonder we have 3x more people in prison than Minnesota does.

If pot were legal I would lose half of my criminal defense clients and have to go into something really scary, like divorce and child custody. If got caught one more time in Wisconsin he would be looking at prison time and a felony. No wonder we have 3x more people in prison than Minnesota does.
Let me get this straight, get caught with pot twice, and you get thrown in prison?

Holy Crap! What is this, a muslim country or something?

Archived