Brewer Fanatic

Brewers clubhouse sale 2009: December 4-5

hawing

In case you need something to look forward to before April, or the On Deck event in January, or even baseball's winter meetings...the annual clubhouse sale is scheduled to be Friday and Saturday, December 4-5. I know I'm looking to take the day off on 12/4.

Last year's sale lasted Friday-Sunday, if I recall correctly. The email I received from our ticket rep doesn't indicate that Sunday is included this time. I imagine a press release will occur closer to December, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I will link to the threads for the 2007 sale and the 2008 sale.

Every year is different (as you might expect for what is essentially a rummage sale). 2006 had excellent deals on game-used stuff, for example, but after the relatively successful 2007 and 2008 seasons the Brewers must have figured they could get more $$$ for those items. So in December 2008 they were asking $300 for game used jerseys from also-rans of 2007 (Chris Spurling types, no specific offense meant to Chris).

If the patterns of past years hold, I'd expect to see some game-used items, merchandise that didn't sell well, dated merchandise (like 2009 spring training shirts) and overstocks. Last year there were a ton of playoff shirts, programs, pennants, etc. I'd expect some discounted (sob) Hardy merchandise, as well as the same for any other players they part ways with over the next four weeks.

Since the Brewers had a sale section in the terrace level store throughout the 2009 season, I wonder how that will affect the amount of merchandise available at the December sale. Only one way to find out, I guess.

Last year I got a non-fitted wool ball and glove hat for 5 bucks. pennants were a buck, hoodies were around 10-15 i believe. old player t's were 5. game used bats were in the hundreds. so yah, it really varied. I wish I had gone to that 2006 one to get game used jerseys. they also had the big head bobbles for 5.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll bump this thread to add a link to the press release, which was issued today. In the immortal words of Mass Haas, link while active, text follows:

Brewers 29th Annual Clubhouse Sale Scheduled for December 4-5

The Milwaukee Brewers will host the 29th Annual Brewers Clubhouse Sale this Friday and Saturday (December 4-5) from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. at Miller Park. The sale will take place in the Visiting Team Clubhouse and fans will receive savings up to 75% on sale merchandise items.

Just in time for the holidays, fans can save on Brewers apparel, souvenirs and specialty items as well as rare, game-used merchandise including jerseys and bats. The Brewers will also have representatives available to handle requests for Holiday 4 Packs.

Shoppers can access the Clubhouse Sale by entering Miller Park at the Hot Corner entrance near the Brewers Team Store by Majestic and follow the posted directions to the Visiting Team Clubhouse. Cash and credit cards will be accepted (no personal checks). Admission and parking are both free.

In addition, children can also have their photo taken with Santa on Saturday from 1 - 3 p.m. at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic. Fans should bring their own cameras and the photos will be free of charge with any purchase.

The Brewers Team Store by Majestic at Miller Park is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Also, Big and Tall merchandise is now available inside the store. For more information, contact the team store at (414) 902-4750.

As a side note (unrelated to the clubhouse sale)...speaking as an out of towner, I guess I'm glad I noticed that the team store is no longer open on Sundays during the off season.

Now, if we can just avoid catching a bug between now and Friday../leaves keyboard to go knock on wood/

This is needy but...

Would someone going be able to get me a McClung player-tee (M or L is fine) and/or a Bernie Brewer children's shirt (size 5,6,7) if they see one for a decent price? I know "decent price" is vague but I trust your judgments!

I will Paypal anyone who can pick this stuff up for it (and shipping) immediately.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the normally sell there? .

This year I would expect about 1/3 of the place to be JJ gear from shirzeys to shirts with his name/face on the front to jj hardy pins. If I remember correctly last year there was lots of sheets stuff.

It's also a good place to pick up items that didn't sell too well during the season. It's where I got my linebrink and estrada shirzeys.

Rookie of my life? That doesn't necessarily sound like a compliment.

We're hoping to get to the park around midday Friday, assuming the interstate is in good winter driving condition. If you see a woman commenting knowledgeably to an S.O. looking type about game worn jerseys of has-beens of the last few seasons, it just might be me (or ewizabeff, or maybe even tristarscoop). Say hi. It seems like someone every year senses the Brewerfan-ness in me, despite my leaving the BF.net parka at home. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It seems like someone every year senses the Brewerfan-ness in me, despite my leaving the BF.net parka at home.

Or people just remember what you look like from that picture you posted of yourself about three years ago. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If you know anyone who's planning to attend tell them it won't be pleasant for them if they bring a stroller. The only sign of irritation I saw this morning was between a mom with a child in a stroller and a woman who apparently was nicked by the stroller and went on to audibly complain about her injured leg.

Long waits to get and check out early this morning. It will probably let up as the day progresses.

If you got in early, there wasn't a line to check out until about 9:30ish. After that, the wait was easily 30 minutes just to check out.

You'll all get postseason gamedays for free in your checkout bag! Glad I paid for those during the playoffs.......

Sgt picked up Spurling and Kremblas batting practice jersey for $25 each. Cheaper than a replica, right? Sheets batting practice was selling for $500.

I stocked up on baby stuff for friends and family. That stuff is way overpriced during the season.

If you know anyone who's planning to attend tell them it won't be pleasant for them if they bring a stroller. The only sign of irritation I saw this morning was between a mom with a child in a stroller and a woman who apparently was nicked by the stroller and went on to audibly complain about her injured leg.

Long waits to get and check out early this morning. It will probably let up as the day progresses.

good choice by me not taking the kids down there this morning...

if you want a Bill Hall $200 locker tag, or $350 game used bats from Mike Cameron, this is the place to be. other than that, at 12:30 they were pretty much outta worth while hats, unless you wear size 7 or under.

lotsa womens stuff though. no hoodies, some authentic jerseys for 50 in size large or smaller.

the guy at the door said they would restock things for tomorrow, but i dont know what that means.

Personally, I walked away with nothing. Total Bummer.

They had a bunch of game used jerseys for 2007-2008 players for $100. I saw a Branyan jersey, was going to get it, then looked at the price tag, $350. As much as I love 3TO, that's too much for me. I saw a Counsell game used jersey for $1,500. Who would possibly pay that much? They also had old locker nameplates for $10 a piece. I tried looking for a Branyan, but there weren't any. The nameplates for a lot of the backups and minor league callups for 2009 were also $10. Was debating on getting a Gerut, Rivera, or Narveson but decided to pass. I got a really nice winter jacket for $50 for my dad for Christmas. When I checked out, the guy told me it was originally $185, so it was worth it for me.

I went for the first time and I thought there were a lot of neat items. I bought my dad a Charlie Greene locker nameplate, bought a yellow Hardy T-shirt for my wife, and a Thurman batting practice jersey for my older brother. For the life of me, I couldn't remember who Thurman was, but I took it over my second choice (Alec Zumwalt).

If I had more money to spend, I would have bought a lot more.

Me and a buddy got there at 9:15, and we left around 11:00. For awhile, it was really crowded in the clubhouse. They were just letting too many people in at one time. The line to check out was easily 1 hour +. My buddy waited in line while I continued to look around and hand him stuff for me.

I thought the prices were fine. As mentioned earlier, a lot of the older batting practice jerseys were $25. The regular game-worn jerseys varied in price from $75 to over $1,000. I thought it was strange that both Suppan and Bill Hall jerseys were among the higher priced ones, with both going for $800. Todd Coffey's was $600, and it was huuuuuge. C.C.'s game worn jersey was $2,500.

I saw items being restocked while I was there. The cap table was half empty when I arrived, but it was restocked about an hour later with new styles. Most of the fitted caps were really ugly, but at least they were priced at either $5 or $10.

I've gone to this thing once or twice in the past and have never been very thrilled with it. The "low" prices on items that did not sell during the season does not justify the hassle and the crowded conditions in my opinion (especially when it's cold out and you're wearing a bulky winter jacket).

If perhaps they decided to move it to some "roomier" part of the ball park I might be more interested.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived