Brewer Fanatic

Prospect List Discussion

colbyjack

He changed his mechanics, much like Odorizzi, except he was thrown into the fire right away because of age. He hasn't performed well, but it doesn't really matter.

Along the lines of TLB's comment, does JJ Hardy have it or not have it? What about Corey Hart? Ryan Braun? This isn't MLB 2011 for X-box 360. Real peaople struggle and have bad years.

I have heard good velocity reports on Arnett this year as well. Plus, his slider seems to have as much movement as ever. My guess is that the mechanical tweaks and the expectations have gotten to him a little. I'm sure Melvin and Gord will throw in their two cents on the situation at some point in the coming months.

Release him? Please.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was 18 or 19 I'd agree he might bounce back. He'll be 23 come spring training next year and pitching where? Back in Wisconsin? Yep players do have down years and bounce back. Dykstra had one last year but as I hoped and suspected he bounced back. You can blame his Dad for that. Whether he ever makes it or not who knows but at least he has a shot.

As for Salome what do you even say? He has the talent but can he get his life figured out? I don't know. If he does it might not be with the Brewers. They are only going to wait so long.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Sickels refers to Farris having an "undisclosed injury???? as if the Brewers were either hiding the injury or it was some other nefarious reason he missed nearly 3 months. Wasn't it reported he had torn meniscus in his knee?

Yeah, that was a huge and lazy miss on his part, even if he's writing up 30 teams. I considered dropping him a note when it was first written, but didn't get around to it.

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a question into John Sickels during one of his All Questions Answered threads:

Me: Brewers' Prospects

Besides Lawrie and Odorizzi, who is the best Brewer hitting prospect and who is the best Brewer pitching prospect?

Thanks Jon. I think the Brewers MiLB system had a fantastic year. Really looking forward to see some improved grades for many guys.

John: brewers

Well to answer that properly I’d have to do a full system analysis. Lorenzo Cain finally put his tools together. Erik Komatsu had a really good year….Merklinger, Scarpetta would be other names

Edit: Also, prolly should have stuck this here from the beginning.

http://milbprospects.blogspot.com/2010/09/arizona-league-top-prospects.html

Max Walla and Brooks Hall ranked here.

Archived