Brewer Fanatic

Robin Yount corked bat

That's interesting. I remember reading a story about how one of Babe Ruth's bats at the Hall of Fame is corked. The irony is that corking supposedly actually hurts your ability to hit home runs because it makes the bat less rigid.

I was looking at that item as well.

The thing that makes it tough as a collectible is the lack of evidence that Yount actually used it in a corked state. It could just as easily have been corked by someone in the past year, to try in a batting cage.

Still, it's interesting.

I like Mears, and am currently high bidder on a couple of pieces. We'll see if that lasts. . .

The Yount bat sold for the opening bid of $1500 plus juice.

I picked up #65 the Sixto Lezcano bicentennial bat for $149. And I suspect that I overpaid for #238 the Opening Day 1970 full unused ticket at $321. One sold on Ebay in the past few weeks for about half that, but I didn't bid on it, as I was uninformed on authenticity.

I'll be a little bothered if a bunch of these emerge in the coming months, but I hadn't seen a full one recently, and it's pretty much a must have for my collection of early franchise stuff.

Fun auction.

They might relist them. . .or not.

I think this was a consignment auction, where they were selling other people's stuff.

Maybe you could contact them Monday to see if they would sell any unsold items at the opening bid prices, plus fees, tax & shipping.

Doubtful that the seller wants his item back. . .

Archived