Brewer Fanatic

Schmidt offered 3yrs/44mill by Cubs...

cooprules

Well cubs fans should at least be happy they are trying to add arms to that team. They still have not addressed the major problem from last year and that was the pitching staff.

Thought Schmidt wanted to stay on the west coast so the cubs might have to over pay to get his services. But as a cubs fan i would like to have Schmidt in my rotation. Heck I would like the Brewers to have Schmidt too!

I still don't think the Cubs will get him. Schmidt already said he'd like to go to either San Francisco or Seattle. He has been pretty serious about staying on the West Coast and I haven't heard anything about him changing his mind.

That said, money talks too and if the Cubs throw enough at him who knows what could happen.

Didn't we all expect between 12-14 million is what he could get? I still don't see him going to Chicago, but rather staying on the West coast.

Too bad about that thread a few months ago, how he was quoted as saying that he took his wife and kids around Milwaukee, up the lake front, and said he really liked the city.

Money talks so does his desire to stay near his home on the coast. I don't think he would ever consider coming here.

Sometimes I wonder if the perception of the Brewers by free agents is that the Crew are always going to be a below average team and unwilling to spend and hence don't ever consider this team as able to build a winner despite the young talent around.

Heck, Bruce Bochy didn't even know that Bill Hall hit 35 HR's here in Milwaukee. If he missed that, why would some "hot stuff" free agent pay attention to Milwaukee and the goings on here? I just wish the Crew could have that Reggie White moment where a particular player looks at the core of young talent and says, this team has a future and I want to be here.

Perception is close to everything, and until we make the playoffs, we might not be able to change that.

Sometimes I wonder if the perception of the Brewers by free agents is that the Crew are always going to be a below average team and unwilling to spend and hence don't ever consider this team as able to build a winner despite the young talent around.

Milwaukee as a city is simply not an appealing place for a guy to play in.

according to Rotoworld.com:

Sources told the Chicago Tribune that reports the Cubs made Jason Schmidt a three-year offer worth $44 million-$45 million were false.

Though they have interest in the right-hander, the Cubs are not believed to have made a solid offer, the paper reports.

Archived