Brewer Fanatic

Attanasio announces Fielder is on the block - dubious source?

foamboy1

I'm reading through it now, but if it's on Bleacher Report, it's probably not very reliable. Edit: The article you cited is nearly a month old. In the blog comments he cites this: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/61948787.html from September 26th. "I don't like thinking about the Milwaukee Brewers without Prince Fielder, I'll tell you that," Attanasio said. "It's a challenge, because on the other side, if you concentrate too much on one player.?.?.?.?It's not like basketball. If LeBron James or Michael Jordan is on your team, you can dominate. Prince could not have been more of a dominant player and we're scuffling to get to .500 with the challenges we've had with starting pitching. What do you do? "If you play that player too much you have to surround him with good enough players to win. On the other hand, players like Ryan Braun and Prince, they come along only every 10 years or so. Believe me, I think Doug thinks about that every day." Anyway, where in that link exactly does Attanasio "confirm" Fielder is on the trading block? It's just an irresponsible blog article.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Isn't this the same knob who said we had a deal in place to land Zack Greinke? No story here at all. Is trading Fielder while his value is at its peak a good idea? Maybe. But I think they have to do their due diligence and find out what Boras will accept in an extension, if the Brewers can afford it and what trades are out there. I don't think anything's going to happen before next year's trade deadline.

Haha. I just read the "article".

They lost Bill Hall and saw him find his stroke in Seattle

Hall posted a .606 OPS with us and a .578 OPS with Seattle. The people who write on that site are absolutely clueless.

This is probably some hopeful rumor-mongering at best, so I'm calling into question the source. But it makes for an interesting read:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/263131-prince-fielder-on-the-trading-block-could-be-a-good-sign-for-the-mets

Was that article written by someone who learned English as a second language? Too/to errors, subject-verb agreement mistakes, awkward sentence structure... what a mess. This was anything but "an interesting read." Sorry, but I have hard time finding credibility in something that looks like an entry in a Junior High School newspaper.

Archived