Brewer Fanatic

Indians hire Manny Acta

crewcrazy

One less managing candidate for the Astros.

I think this is a good hire for the Tribe...Acta was regarded as one of the better managing "prospects" out there until he took over a Nationals club that had progressively worse talent every season he was there. This little tidbit from the article caught my eye:

The Indians chose Acta over two other known finalists: Triple-A manager Torey Lovullo and former New York Mets manager and current ESPN analyst Bobby Valentine, who may have eliminated himself from consideration when he arrived at his second interview earlier this week and admitted that he not done his homework on Cleveland or the American League and wasn't sure he wanted the job.

Acta, on the other hand, wanted it bad.

After he was let go by the Nationals, Acta spent countless hours watching the Indians on TV. He studied their lineup, their strengths and weaknesses. He has worked with young players before, and now he'll get a chance to turn a new group into winners.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

i think its a good hire too, i know things got weird towards the end for the nats but that was an impossible situation for him. This team will struggle at first but he does have the comfort of a 3 year deal. I wonder if he would be the astros manager had they gave him an extra year. I think that is a better situation for him in Houston.

Archived