Brewer Fanatic

Would You Trade Braun?

Of course, technically - every player is tradable.

But, I doubt Braun would be moved for any package. The Brewers have him at a great rate. He is destined to be "the face of the franchise" when Prince leaves. Unless of course, Melvin really didn't like his pitching comments this summer.

Heyward and Hanson would definitely get it done, in my opinion. But both teams fan's might revolt.

Braun could go down as the greatest Brewers hitter ever (currently leads all Brewers in career BA and SLG%...yes, I know it's a relatively small sample). I really don't think there is any package out there that is going to pry him away from Milwaukee.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It would be almost impossible to turn down Heyward, Hanson, Schafer, and A ball SP with a big fastball, and I don't even like Schafer all that much.
No, the two potential trades would be

either Heyward and Hanson, which they don't like.

Or Jurrjens, Schafer, and three prospects, presumably below Schafer in value.

Anything short of Cain, Lincecum and Sanchez and you will have fans burning Melvin in effigy. While most are resigned to the fact that Fielder is gone, Braun is the future to the Brewers and it would smack of "same old Brewers" to most fans(those who arent die hards like those on here or 95% of fans) regardless of who they get.

No matter how good a pitcher is, the risk of injury or loss of stuff that could end a career is far greater for a pitcher than it is for a position player (see Mark Prior or Francisco Liriano as an example). Braun is under control for a long time at a reasonable cost and is on his way to a Hall of Fame career. Those guys might come around for your franchise once a generation.

Brewers need to develop their own pitching and leave Braun right where he is, in the middle of the Brewer order.

I agree with Briggs. Braun is likely going to go down as one of the greatest Brewers of all time. Trading him now (or in a year or two) would have been like trading Robin Yount or Paul Molitor circa 1981...disastrous for both the lineup and the morale of the fan base.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm a Braves fan & wouldn't trade Hanson and/or Heyward....gotta build the team around those two plus Jurrjens & McCann

but I'm also a Brewers fan & wouldn't trade Braun....not only is he a proven star but, like Fielder, he puts fannies in the seats & that is an important fact that must not be underestimated should the team have another sub-.500 season....

also the Brewers offense is "top heavy" with Braun & Fielder carrying most of the load so they can't afford to trade either ....if the team had a balanced 1 thru 8 attack they could consider a trade of one of those cats

Uh No! Braun is not going to be traded. No team has a package which they would take seriously to get the next Brewer Hall of Famer off this team. Number 8 will be a retired Brewer Number someday. Would we have traded Robin Yount and Molitor back in the day? hell no, and we won't trade Braun or Fielder before the 2010 season either. if we are smart, which sometimes we are, we won't trade Casey McGehee either.

I would have to get a ridiculous package back to trade Braun. And even then, it would hurt to do it because of my fandom for the guy. But if they said here take Hanson, Heyward, Schafer and Vazquez. That would be tough to say no to.

I think Braun is a very special player and a guy who has a chance to get the next great Brewer. I'm talking retired number and potential HOF'er.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I don't see how you could make that trade. You would have control over those two for the same amount of time you would control Braun, except with Braun, you know the set price. Furthermore, that set price is going to be a discount for what he provides. That's the type of package they could use to entice a Pujols trade, but not Braun.

I love Ryan Braun as much as the next Brewer fan, but if offered Heyward and Hanson in a package I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pull the trigger. You're getting a potential ace and the best hitter in the minor leagues. I don't even see how the Braves would offer that.

Number 8 will be a retired Brewer Number someday. Would we have traded Robin Yount and Molitor back in the day? hell no, and we won't trade Braun or Fielder before the 2010 season either.

I'm with twobrewers, though: you "would" trade anybody. Will it actually happen, though? Not really likely. I'd trade Braun and Fielder in the same deal, but only in an alternate universe where a supreme moron is GM of a team with an amazing farm system.

I wouldn't place any money on Braun being gone any sooner than during the final year of his deal, unless I'm given really great odds.

Archived