Brewer Fanatic

Baseball book for women?

dpapo

Hello all,

I wonder if someone can help me with a question. Wasn't there a book that came out at some point that was suppose to be a baseball book for women who are just learning the game. Rules, how the game is played, an explanation of what is what and so on. I thought I recall hearing something about this in the past, but maybe it was something else. Thanks for anyone who can help.

I suppose a question about books is in my professional wheelhouse, but all I did was some keyword searching on amazon.com:

It Takes More Than Balls: The Savvy Girls' Guide to Understanding and Enjoying Baseball

The Publishers' Weekly review isn't all that glowing, but the handful of customer reviews are positive.

This second title isn't aimed solely at women:

Watching Baseball Smarter: A Professional Fan's Guide for Beginners, Semi-experts, and Deeply Serious Geeks

I received a copy of this as a gift, and while it was not life-changing for me, I enjoyed it. This book lost a bit of its sheen for me once I made the connection between the author (Zack Hample) and the professional ballhawk scene, but it does a reasonable job of introducing would-be fans to many particulars of the game.

There's also an audio book, which comes with earbuds!

A Woman's Guide to Baseball, Basketball & Football: How to Talk His Language! the Basics

Hope that helps.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived