Brewer Fanatic

Modern Family

Point Beer Is Best

Since it seems be a topic of conversation in The Office thread, I think this show deserves its own.? Unlike many new comedies in recent years, this show definitely hasn't gotten off to a slow start.? If you've ever wondered what Michael Scott would be like if he were married with kids, that's basically Phil.? He's a "cool dad" who knows all the dance moves to High School Musical.?

If you watched the last show, you'll appreciate this web-exclusive of Haley's boyfriend's music video of the song he wrote for her:

Gruber Lawffices

This show has been outstanding addition to my viewing schedule and totally exonerates ABC for ever allowing According to Jim to hit the airwaves. Why the face has it taken us so long to start a thread on it?

I thought the last episode was sorta mediocre, but I was assuaged by the awesomeness of the stuck-in-the-head singalong coda that rolled during the credits.

This reminds me some of Arrested Development. Funny show about a dysfuncitional-type family but the content really pushes the envelope. I love it so far.
Part of it reminds me of Arrested Development, but I do not think it pushes the envelope nearly the same way. When watching AD there are times where I think - how on earth were they able to say that on tv. I have not had any of those moments on MF.

best episode of the young series. just an awesome show. and yes, the episode was out of order. in last week's episode, manny and luke were sent to the principal's office for fighting...

my favorite parts this week:

- all of jay's comments about Manny's outfit

- gloria indirectly telling Jay to stomp on Manny's flute-like instrument after she told him to drop it.

- cameron running towards the car with that trash can screaming that he is going to break the car window

- phil getting hit by the car driven by his daughter

- phil telling his daughter not to pull over because he has "priors"

Watched last week's episode after hearing so much good word of mouth for the show.

Didn't really do anything for me. Kinda chuckled at the flute part, and the end scene with the cops, and Julie Bowen is easy on the eyes....but I just don't see the 'there' there.

(I'll stay out of the thread beyond this...don't want to troll...but I'm curious if other people have felt likewise.)

I still really like it. When I said it reminded me of A.D., I didn't mean it was on the same level. I'm just enjoying it as much as any show I've watched since A.D. went off the air.

I loved the "I've got priors!" comment also.

I still really like it. When I said it reminded me of A.D., I didn't mean it was on the same level. I'm just enjoying it as much as any show I've watched since A.D. went off the air.

I loved the "I've got priors!" comment also.

I agree with the connection then. I like seasons one and two of AD and then in my mind it slipped in season 3 but I just started watching it on dvd.

Modern Family is the best comedy out there in my mind.

Archived