Brewer Fanatic

2009 League Championship Series games

hawing
Agreed, MNoD. BA would have been a much better choice.

I've decided to root for the Dodgers in the NLCS, solely so I have more opportunities to listen to Vin Scully. Thanks, Gameday audio!

Oh Vin, why are you leaving us without your smooth pipes after this season!? The Dodgers are the next team after the Brewers whose games I've watched most since we've had Extra Innings. It's always worth it to tune in for Vin.

He will be missed http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

You mean next season, right? Everything I see online says 2010 is his farewell season.

Wow... I feel stupid -- this whole season I've been relishing listening to him bc it was his last! But I'm so happy that I 'get' another year of Scully that it cancels out my embarrassment. Thanks, Keg. Sheesh.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow... I feel stupid -- this whole season I've been relishing listening to him bc it was his last! But I'm so happy that I 'get' another year of Scully that it cancels out my embarrassment. Thanks, Keg. Sheesh.

I watched a lot of Dodger games this summer as well, and completely understand the sentiment. Irreplaceable.

Community Moderator

Looks like not everyone on the Dodgers was disappointed with tonight's result:

"I feel great. I feel like I accomplished all I wanted to accomplish."

-Manny Ramirez

That should be a fun storyline to follow next year and I will enjoy every second of it.

Wow, anyone see the top 7 of this Yankees/Angels game? What a load of BS. Lackey strikes out Jeter with two outs. But wait, the umpire calls ball 4. Scocia pulls Lackey who has a 4-0 shutout at this point, Lackey is furious, and the Yankees go on to score 6 runs off Oliver and Jepson. I'm not an angels fan but it's upsetting to see them lose because of clearly bad umpiring and seemingly terrible coaching decisions to take out Lackey who was flawless nearly all night. He was punished for a bad call by the ump. Hopefully they can come back. At least exhaust some of the Yankee arms before the WS

I didn't see any of the 7th inning. I was watching "The Office" and then I check the score and the Yanks are up. That just sucks.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yet, I got out of the shower just in time to see the Angels regain the lead. Here's hoping it sticks.

Edit: good heavens, listening on Gameday Audio they sound barely willing to make it stick. Either that or they're being hosed on (more) pro-Yankee calls.

2nd edit: the next time the Brewers are in the postseason (thinking like the blue koolaid drinker I am), they'd better not drag things out as much as the Angels just did. This site would implode, as would my nervous system.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Jeffrey Meier

Joe Mauer

Mark Langston to Tino Martinez

The Yankees get every bad call in the post-season. Would be nice to see at least one go against them sometime.

Well thank god for Nick Swisher. As Billy Beane says he's way better than Prince.

It's unreal how big of a story the horrendous umpiring has been. I could care less who wins, despite being in SoCal, but the guys in blue are the obvious losers. I'd have to put MLB Umpires right up there with the BCS as far as least favorite things in sports right now...oh yeah, I almost forgot that unnamed QB in purple.

I agree about the IBB being foolish there, but I'm definately glad the angels pulled out the win. Would've been a shame for them to lose that game on bad umpiring.

Still seems like a severe longshot for the Angels at this point, but hey, the Red Sox cae back from 0-3 against the Yankees in 2004, so it's possible. I can realistically see Pettite losing game 6 against Saunders. But then they face Sabathia in game 7 and he's been amazing. Ouch

I'm not an angels fan but it's upsetting to see them lose because of clearly bad umpiring and seemingly terrible coaching decisions to take out Lackey who was flawless nearly all night.

Lackey was over 100 pitches, and was demonstrating little to no command of his fastball (iirc the velocity was down, too), and very shaky command of his curve. I thought Scioscia made the right call, and his bullpen failed him.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived